Author Topic: Ground Station  (Read 171159 times)

Ian Melville

Re: Ground Station
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2016, 01:13:02 pm »
Hi Lee,
I assume you are thinking along the lines of a ground based PAW listening network? Would you not have to modify the code to output the lat/lon/Alt of Airborne units, rather than the current relative position?

Cheers
Ian

Admin

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2016, 03:54:46 pm »
Hi Lee,
I assume you are thinking along the lines of a ground based PAW listening network? Would you not have to modify the code to output the lat/lon/Alt of Airborne units, rather than the current relative position?

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
the Air-Air protocol contains Lat/Lon/Alt/GS - this is what would be passed back to a central server.
The data you are referring to, is purely for a NAV device

Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2016, 04:23:25 pm »
Thanks for the clarification Lee

brinzlee

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2016, 06:47:33 pm »
Hi David
I returned my Bridge to the normal address in Ely on Friday and have noted it wasn't delivered by the Post Office on Saturday.....Just wondered if you had received it as I'm not sure where it is now. They said they have put a card through the door...Perhaps you can enlighten me
Kind regards
Brinsley

DaveStyles

« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2016, 09:04:10 am »
Hi David
I returned my Bridge to the normal address in Ely on Friday and have noted it wasn't delivered by the Post Office on Saturday.....Just wondered if you had received it as I'm not sure where it is now. They said they have put a card through the door...Perhaps you can enlighten me
Kind regards
Brinsley

Hi Brinsley,
I've replied to your PM. All is well.
regards
David Styles

brinzlee

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2016, 09:42:53 am »
THX for letting me know....Look forward to RX the TRX

JCurtis

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2016, 12:08:54 pm »
Visitor to Cambridge today...

Heard a traffic warning and took a quick break from some coding to look in the traffic table...

SIKORSKY S76C, THE QUEEN'S HELICOPTER FLIGHT

Opening a new base for the East Anglian Air Ambulance today.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

exfirepro

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2016, 01:41:07 pm »
Hi JC,

Just saw a report of this on news. Just out of interest was it Mode S or ADSB?

Peter

JCurtis

« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2016, 10:16:03 pm »
Hi JC,

Just saw a report of this on news. Just out of interest was it Mode S or ADSB?

Peter

Just come in from having a severe argument with some hardware, finally beaten it into submission...

It was Mode S, and I didn't see it on FR24.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

exfirepro

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2016, 11:17:53 pm »
Thanks Jeremy, just wondered.

Regards

Peter

JCurtis

« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »
Picked up someone today, 75 packets, nothing in the log file with a # on it.

A slight aside, the track viewer doesn't seem to work on track files since the last software update, can someone else check if theirs works OK?

brinzlee

« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2016, 12:29:36 am »
Mine doesn't work either.....I did a manual search for anything with a # in the original TRK file with a text editor. Copied and pasted just those entries then Saved it as a text file, renamed it as TRK file then read it back into the track viewer and that seemed to work

brinzlee

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2016, 05:02:48 pm »
Hi Jeremy
I had the same thing happen to me today....48 Packets received....I did the same trick that I mentioned above but couldn't find anything......Strange !!

JCurtis

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:08 pm »
Hi Jeremy
I had the same thing happen to me today....48 Packets received....I did the same trick that I mentioned above but couldn't find anything......Strange !!

Well there won't be any #'s unless they are set to the default group (PAWGRP).  Nothing today. 
When you get your replacement bridge, you're welcome to pass by here again and see if you can spot me.

brinzlee

« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
Thanks for the offer....I fitted the replacement the other day.....just doing some ground checks with it at the moment....So far so good.....I had a contact yesterday 7km away....so already improved.....
So if the PAWGRP has been changed that removes the # around the registration.....Is there any other way to then test the TRK file for a P3i transmission
Kind regards
Brinsley