Author Topic: First Time Booting  (Read 75870 times)

EricC

Re: First Time Booting
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2015, 05:23:32 pm »
Added a U-blox7 to my system.   Works very well, much simpler to
connect to Samsung tab.

If I switch on without connecting to my Samsung tab will
it radiate,  to run as a base station for overflight tests?

May I also add  my thanks to all the team who must spend countless
 hours making Pilotaware  possible.

I have a problem updating my micro sd card because I use Windows 10.
The formatter wil not load. If I format with Windows10 I can download the
updated version but it will not load.

Thanks again.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:30:49 pm by EricC »

Richard

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:51 pm »

I have a problem updating my micro sd card because I use Windows 10.
The formatter wil not load. If I format with Windows10 I can download the
updated version but it will not load.

Eric
   I use Windows 10 with the formatted loaded just fine, works a treat first time I used it but will not format properly, is there a newer version? No Can not fine one to support Windows 10.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:28:43 pm by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS

EricC

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 09:28:10 pm »
Thanks Richard.    The format4 downloads ok. But will not
format the micro sd card.

I will sort it out indue course,  thanks

EricC

Richard

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2015, 07:26:28 pm »
EricC
   I must apologize I have now had the same problem Please see link http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,235.0.html
Richard.
Europa XS

AlanG

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2015, 07:31:29 pm »
Hi
I have just completed building the ADSB only system and booted everything up following the installation guide by Ian
All goes fine up to inputting the licence No and I then reboot.
The system messages start again on the screen attached to the PAW but after a few seconds a message appears on my tablet saying "connection failure"  "the connection to the server timed out"  the onscreen message continue untill it gets to "starting Pilot aware server" then reverts to the licence fail messages repeating continuously.
it appears thet the wifi connection to the tablet is broken during the reboot but re-establishes itself as soon as it reaches the licence fail messages on the monitor.
I also note that during the reboot that the light on the wifi dongle goes out.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I have checked and re-checked the licence code issued in the email.

Regards
Alan

Richard

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2015, 08:32:39 pm »
Alan,
    When you reboot after entering your licence key, do you save it first with the button on the bottom of the screen?

Richard.
Europa XS

AlanG

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2015, 09:02:00 pm »
Hi Richard
Thanks for responding but I've just spotted my dyslexic error.  I had reversed the letters at the end of my Mac Address when requesting the licence.  I have got a new licence code  and I think all is well with the world.  I have spotted my first aircraft leaving and arriving at EGPH.  I'm about 3.4nm SE of the airport and am now seeing traffic from my bedroom window including 1 at high altitude beyond Dundee.  Lower stuff tends to come and go but I assume that's down to being indoors and pissisting down.  Only using the antenna that came with the DVB-T dongle.
Great job every one involved with this!    ;D

Alan

Richard

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2015, 09:19:21 pm »
Ok Alan. Wellcome to the club. Have fun.
Richard.
Europa XS

exfirepro

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2015, 12:57:34 pm »
Hi All,

Just got my PilotAware (ADS-B) up and running for the first time. It took me about 2 hours from the start of the build and most of that was taken up re-reading the build and software installation guides, downloading the card formatter, formatting the micro SD card, downloading the PAW software, transferring it onto the card and finally installing it onto the Pi and waiting for a GPS fix, with the PAW sitting on end on my bedroom window and the aerial mag mounted onto a can of beans to keep it up clear of the window frame and stop it falling over ( Heinz definitely recommended).

The 'physical' build was as easy as Pi (sorry....!).

The only hiccup came after connecting to the PilotAware Wi-Fi. When I tried to connect to the PilotAware configuration page by typing '192.168.1.1' into my browser as per Ian's Software Installation and Setup Guide, Safari presumably automatically prefixed this with '....www.' and told me it couldn't connect as it was not connected to the internet. Fortunately, I realised what was happening and after re-typing it with the prefix 'http://'  i.e. http://192.168.1.1 - BINGO! I was in. Just a few minutes more to add my aircraft's Hex Address and the PilotAware License Key and I'm now sitting downstairs in my living room watching airliners coming and going from EGPH - about 5 or 6 miles away. A very happy bunny!!

Thank you very much to Lee and the rest of you for all your development work.

Best Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:14:48 pm by exfirepro »

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2015, 03:49:45 am »
The Safari problem was brought to Ian's attention at the show, and he's going to update the instructions.

exfirepro

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2015, 06:54:33 pm »
Hi Paul.

Yes it was me that advised Ian of the problem on Saturday. Great to meet you by the way. A real pleasure chatting face to face with so many previously only known from the forum.

Made visiting the show all the way from Edinburgh well worth while !!

Best regards

Peter

Julian

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2015, 10:34:15 pm »
Well that looks to work! First SD card gave "error resizing" error but second one just worked - reception of commercial aircraft give ranges far more than i will ever need, with an indoor antenna over 20nm. Remarkable.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2015, 08:44:30 am »
Yes it was me that advised Ian of the problem on Saturday. Great to meet you by the way.

Good to meet you too Peter.

A real pleasure chatting face to face with so many previously only known from the forum. Made visiting the show all the way from Edinburgh well worth while !!

Blimey!

Meeting people is mostly what these shows are about. I got about 20 mins to scoot around the show at the end, and even then it was mostly to say hello to the stand holders I knew but hadn't said hello to!  :)

Bartonflyer

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:27 am »
Well all the bits have arrived for an ADSB only build - so hopefully I'll be reporting back soon with 100% success :)

One question - it may seem overkill but when I go flying both me & my co-pilot who I usually fly with take our Nexus 7s with skydemon - can we connect both tablets to the PilotAware application? Is it just a matter of doing the same configuration on both?

Cheers

Admin

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2015, 11:09:23 am »
One question - it may seem overkill but when I go flying both me & my co-pilot who I usually fly with take our Nexus 7s with skydemon - can we connect both tablets to the PilotAware application? Is it just a matter of doing the same configuration on both?

Oh yes !