Author Topic: WIFI PROBLEM  (Read 7380 times)

milvus

WIFI PROBLEM
« on: September 28, 2017, 02:16:42 pm »
I have a problem with my device. After updating to the latest version, I have difficulty connecting the device to the ipad. This happens. There is a red light on the device, and then a red flashing three times, then blinking once in green, and it continues. I try to connect the ipad to the device, it sees the pilot network, it connects, but then when it tries to open the 192.168.1.1 page immediately wifi connection. How can I fix the problem? Thank you.
Rocco

exfirepro

Re: WIFI PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 02:28:14 pm »
Hi Rocco,

The solid red light indicates a good power supply. The other lights indicate that it hasn't established normal functionality yet (probably waiting for a gps fix).

You say you can connect to your PilotAware Wifi, but lose the connection when you try to rejoin 192.168.1.1. This might be just that PilotAware has added a 'suffix' to the URL during update, e.g. 192.168.1.1/update.cgi. Try clearing the URL box and retype plain 192.168.1.1 from scratch.

If you get logged in, let me know what 'lights' are showing on the PilotAware Home Screen.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:30:56 pm by exfirepro »

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 02:31:11 pm »
Hi Milvus

A couple of questions.
How did you do the upgrade was it via the memory stick and was it to the latest version.
When the pilotAware is powered up you initially see the wifi yes?
Then when you connect via your iPad and browser to 192.168.1.1 the wifi disappears is this correct or is it that the iPad only connects momentarily. (you can check if the WiFi disappears by using another device at the same time.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 05:14:46 pm »
The "gotcha" is trying to refresh the "reboot" page on the web interface. Do that and the Pi will reboot again, causing the Wifi and everything else to go down!

Mike Mold

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 07:05:22 pm »
I think I've suffered this. No sign of the PAW wi-fi url on either my tablet or phone when I try to connect. My power source (Anker) & cable (original JuicEbitz 20 gauge) are good. Any solutions I might have missed from other threads?

Mike Mold

Admin

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 07:25:01 pm »
Hi Mike

Has it stopped working, or never worked
If stopped, what changed

Mike Mold

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 07:44:09 pm »
It's a Classic that has worked flawlessly since the original batch was made available. The wifi has only stopped after I did a memory stick update to 20180129 yesterday. I even saw the new software version come up on the homepage, removed the memory stick and the wifi dropped out and I've not been able to detect the wifi hotspot source to connect to since then. The lights on the Pi & bridge are normal and the gps dongle is flashing normally.
Mike

Ian Melville

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 10:52:29 pm »
Mike, can you post a screenshot of your homepage?

Mike Mold

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 09:57:46 am »
I turned it off in frustration last night & came back to it this morning. I can now connect to the PAW wifi hotspot ok and I can get to the homepage (image attached) only to find I now have no ADS-B connection. I've powered down and checked the ADS-B dongle & aerial contacts and they seem ok. No traffic logged despite seeing them on FR25 and GliderTracker.

Keithvinning

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 10:18:21 am »
Hi Mike

Thats is unusual if it was working before. Take it outside so you have a very clear view of the sky and leave it for a few minutes.  The red light will be on if you haven't received ADSB signals for a few minutes .
Have a look at the traffic page this will show you if you are picking up 1090 signals including mode C/S

Admin

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:02 am »
Hi Mike

Thanks for posting the home page
It looks like a hardware fault
I do not see the rtlsdr adsb dongle listed in the usb peripherals

When did you purchase this ?
If still under warranty then you his will be replaced FOC

Thx
Lee

AlanG

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 10:47:57 am »
Hi

I notice the Kernal on the above screen shot is still 3.18.7 is this significant with the new upgrade Lee?

Admin

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 11:00:51 am »
I notice the Kernal on the above screen shot is still 3.18.7 is this significant with the new upgrade Lee?

no this is unrelated Alan

exfirepro

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 11:52:25 am »
Lee,

Probably not connected, but interestingly, Mike's Home Screen is also displaying the same error message in the 'Uptime' line that Gareth reported over in the 'Software Update 20180129' thread here....

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1155.msg13759.html#msg13759

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 11:59:36 am »
Probably not connected, but interestingly, Mike's Home Screen is also displaying the same error message in the 'Uptime' line that Gareth reported over in the 'Software Update 20180129' thread here....
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1155.msg13759.html#msg13759

Hi Peter
Unrelated, but I have posted a response to Gareths question
Thx
Lee