Author Topic: WIFI PROBLEM  (Read 7382 times)

Mike Mold

Re: WIFI PROBLEM
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 12:03:42 pm »
Here's my logging page screenshot
Mike

Mike Mold

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 05:34:11 pm »
All resolved now. All the greens. I left my unit in the garden for 30 minutes and it's logging fine now. Thanks for the support, chaps!
Mike

Keithvinning

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 08:32:22 pm »
 :)Another one bites the dust  8)

Xocretep

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 02:53:40 pm »
I upgraded yesterday and all seemed to go fine but now when I try to connect with the wi-fi I get the usual PilotAware in the connected panel on the iPad but the signal strength indicator has a "!" in it and the pad connects to 4G.  The only thing I changed was static to dynamic (and back again after the update). What have I done wrong?  I see steady green and blinking red lights in the case.
Peter

Admin

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 04:58:06 pm »
Hi Peter

This is correct behavior.
PilotAware does not provide connectivity to the Internet, it is a HotSpot, and so that is why you get the symbol contning the !

In an older version (July 2017 I think) PilotAware incorrectly advertised itself as a Router, and the connected device thought it could use this as a gateway to access the internet.

Your iPad is now correctlt reporting the 4G access (for internet usage) but all activity on the PilotAware gateway is routed to PilotAware.

This fixes a previous issue that whilst connected to PilotAware, SkyDemon was unable to access its NOTAMS - this will now work correctly whilst using PilotAware

Thx
Lee

Xocretep

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 02:42:06 pm »
Hi Lee
I had come to that conclusion but its great to have it confirmed!  It's good to have the 4G for the notams and so on, excellent progress.
Regards
Peter