Author Topic: Can PA wifi be renamed?  (Read 3591 times)

crisisguy

Can PA wifi be renamed?
« on: March 05, 2017, 08:59:27 am »
Love this product. Ive only used it 3 times, yesterday whilst flying it picked up 2 aircraft at the same level way before i saw them. I fly out of elstree so airspace is squashed in and busy especially at weekends. For the cost, its a no brainer in my judgement.

Ive recently fitted a hard wired high current USB port - seems like no interference although i noticed the number of satellites detected on my dynon skyview was low and hence my GPS altitude was showing -2,500 feet  :o .  The altitude on the PA was spot on with the actual attitude This may just be a glitch as i had upgraded the SV software that morning and the first 2 flights with PS shows no anomaly.

Anyhow, i recently started at Turweston and noted 2 PA wifi networks and couldn't for the life of me remember which one was mine. Can the wifi name be easily changed?

Ian Melville

Re: Can PA wifi be renamed?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:17:16 am »
Yes,  it can be changed in the Networks section of the config pages. The section is SSID, which IIRC is right at the top of the page. I changed mine to my callsign. You can also password the Wifi here so that no one else can connect and alter your setting by accident.

crisisguy

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:28:10 am »
thxs Ian

AllanBirt

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 01:56:45 pm »
I've changed mine to PilotAware- ***** this bit being my aircraft registration..

This works perfectly if you only fly one machine  ;) ;)

grahambaker

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 06:38:23 pm »
It will work perfectly if you fly more then one machine, as the SSID doesn't care what machine you are in!

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 09:37:18 am »
You can of course call it 'PilotAware-YourName' - unless of course there are lots of 'John Smiths' at your airfield, in which case perhaps 'PilotAware-Nickname' ;D

Peter

AlanG

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 10:03:10 am »

Hi Peter
I don't think his name is John Smith.  It might be Jimmy, there's not a lot of them going about.   ;D

Alan