Author Topic: SOLVED - Connecting Pilot Aware to SkyView  (Read 13301 times)

Eurofox

Re: SOLVED - Connecting Pilot Aware to SkyView
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2022, 11:59:30 pm »
Is possible to set the serial port to output as well so that it sends GPS data from the Dynon Skyview to the PAW?

That way one wouldn't need to install a second GPS.

(The Garmin GTR225 connects to the Skyview and gets GPS data (in NMEA format) from it so it could be possible).

BobD

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 08:23:00 am »
Is possible to set the serial port to output as well so that it sends GPS data from the Dynon Skyview to the PAW?

That way one wouldn't need to install a second GPS.

(The Garmin GTR225 connects to the Skyview and gets GPS data (in NMEA format) from it so it could be possible).

See the 6th post down from Russp in this thread, I think it explains what you are looking for.

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1765.msg23431.html#msg23431

TimT

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2023, 01:12:54 pm »
Is it possible to hard-wire connect PAW Rosetta to Dynon HDX (as described here) AND to at the same time connect the same Rosetta unit to SkyDemon via Wi-Fi?

Or are the PAW settings mutually exclusive.

PaulSS

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2023, 08:20:13 am »
That is possible. The PAW to HDX uses a USB to serial cable and communicates via RS232. The WIFI on the Rosetta still works in the same way, so you can connect to your tablet as usual.

I haven't connected mine yet (doing a panel upgrade to HDX) but the only thing I am considering is adjusting the traffic viewing/warning parameters. At the moment I have PAW wide open and then restrict them in SkyDemon. I THINK this would mean you'd see everything on the HDX, so the filters need to be applied at the PAW in the first place. I believe the SkyDemon intelligent voice will still work for the iPad but the HDX will just announce 'Traffic' for all the stuff it sees. Hopefully there will be an option to turn off the HDX traffic voice only.

TimT

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2023, 08:36:51 am »
Thanks Paul, I am doing the same (HDX upgrade). Thanks for your advice. I asked because in the OP is says:

> Configure the USB port on the Pilot Aware to output FLARM traffic and set it to 57600 baud.

I was wondering whether this wouldn't conflict with the settings required to supply to SkyDemon. So thanks for your confirmation that this is not the case.

From my reading I confirm all your other remarks regarding filtering on PAW, and your understanding of HDX' traffic treatment.

PaulSS

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2023, 06:05:08 pm »
If you want more information on the PAW/SkyView subject then have a search in the Technical section. Lots there, including:  http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,823.0.html

exfirepro

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 11:49:49 am »
Thanks Paul, I am doing the same (HDX upgrade). Thanks for your advice. I asked because in the OP is says:

> Configure the USB port on the Pilot Aware to output FLARM traffic and set it to 57600 baud.

I was wondering whether this wouldn't conflict with the settings required to supply to SkyDemon. So thanks for your confirmation that this is not the case.

From my reading I confirm all your other remarks regarding filtering on PAW, and your understanding of HDX' traffic treatment.

Hi Tim,

Sorry, I have been a bit preoccupied over the past few days and haven't been on the Forum, however @PaulSS has obviously been right on the ball (as usual - thanks Paul) and dealt with your enquiry.

The OP's advice re configuring the PAW Output for SkyView is correct. Make sure you have identified the correct PAW USB Port then configure it in PAW to 'Flarm Out and 57600 Baud'. Transmissions via the PAW WiFi Hotspot work completely independently, so the USB Port settings won't affect data sent via the PAW WiFi. That just works as normal.

Please let us know how you get on with your upgrade to HDX.

Best Regards

Peter