Author Topic: Progress  (Read 23430 times)

Mig29fuk

• G-MYUP. White Ox Mead Airstrip. Near Bath
    • View Profile
Progress
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:15:25 am »
Hi to all on this List.
Well the Pi 2 is up and running, just waiting for all the bits to wing their way from China!
Thank you Lee for getting this great idea up and running.
Will update as things come together with probably some requests for help.
If anybody is flying West and wants a tea break then call me on 07808 402404 and that will be PPR to land at my Strip.
520M X 30M at 24/06. It's on SkyDemon as White Ox Mead.
Regards
Gerry
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

ColinC

Re: Progress
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »
Hi Gerry,

I just got my software loaded and I think the device is working. Managed to get a couple of ADS-B targets on Skydemon whilst standing in the garden. This being the only device within miles there's no chance of seeing any other pilotaware transmissions.

I need to build some more devices for friends now and we can really see how it works.

Regards,

Colin

Mig29fuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 09:25:34 pm »
Colin Great News!
I'm very hopeful that PilotAware will provide an opportunity at a sensible price for as many aircraft as possible to be equipped.
The FLARM solution is expensive and seems Glidercentric.
Tim who is also on this Forum and based at White Ox Mead with me is building too and I'm sure we can convince the other two tenants to subscribe.
Regards
Gerry
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

Vince

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:16:02 pm »
Mr Holland how are you?

Vince
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

Mig29fuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 06:50:48 am »
Very well Thank You Vince!
Hope all well with you.
The old Corben is flying well now and off and about.
After two months the CAA managed to sort out an LAPL from my 1068 CAA PPL.
English Language Proficiency Level 6 caused the problem! I know I'm from the West Country but my claim to speak English is far better than many here now!
Fly over when you can. Another two or three weeks and I'll be spotting you on SkyDemon!
Regards
Gerry
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

AndyC

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 03:38:42 pm »
Hi

I got my pilot aware up and running last week with some help from Lee :) , this looks like such a great project, I've not had a chance to use it in anger yet as I'm out of the country now until the start of sept. I fly from Barton so if anyone else has built one around here let me know and we can give them a try out in the air   8)

Regards
Andy

peastlake

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 09:09:56 pm »
So at the moment it's working (at least in the spare room!), and I'm picking up ADS-B traffic. In SkyDemon, when you touch the symbol for another aircraft, you get an "Information- Aircraft" choice. Touching that, it shows you that aircraft's altitude, track & groundspeed. It DID show it's ICAO hex ID, but not this evening. Any ideas why? The only thing that's different is that I've installed the radio module - is that it?

Not that this function is going to be practical in flight, but it's nice to know why things work the way they do.

thearb

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 11:56:08 pm »
I think skydemon have changed it in the latest version, there might be security issues, I have asked the question here:

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic16729.aspx

peastlake

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 07:33:03 pm »
For testing purposes, is there anything stopping TWO I-devices being connected to the PilotAware at once?

Admin

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 07:46:23 pm »
For testing purposes, is there anything stopping TWO I-devices being connected to the PilotAware at once?
Not sure i understand the question ?
Do you mean one ipad running collisionaware, and another running skydemon
This is possible

Thx
Lee

peastlake

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 08:24:01 pm »
Not sure i understand the question ?
Do you mean one ipad running collisionaware, and another running skydemon
This is possible

I was going to have two iPads, both connected to the one PilotAware by both running CollisionAware, and both plotting traffic on SkyDemon. Then see if one will fail, but the other continue to run. I think my SkyDemon Licence allows me to run it on two mobile devices?

Kevin Challis

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 02:26:54 pm »
I have most of the bits for my Pilot Aware BUT I bought a PowerPOD for the ARF instead of the Xbee as the wireless thing website recommended it.

I can not find the pin outs for the ARF so am now stuck. Can anyone help or do I need to buy a Xbee board.

Admin

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 02:45:49 pm »
I have most of the bits for my Pilot Aware BUT I bought a PowerPOD for the ARF instead of the Xbee as the wireless thing website recommended it.

I can not find the pin outs for the ARF so am now stuck. Can anyone help or do I need to buy a Xbee board.

Hi Kevin

http://openmicros.org/index.php/articles/84-xrf-basics/263-arf-user-guide
this says
Pin usage
The ARF is pinned much the same as an XRF v2.0 however pins 15 and 18 should be left unconnected. These pins are used by the SRF to control the CC1190
Pin 14 should also be left unconnected or connected to +3V3.

XRF pinout is
http://openmicros.org/index.php/articles/87-llap-lightweight-local-automation-protocol/llap-devices-commands-and-instructions/190-llap-device-xrf-pinout

Thx
Lee

onkelmuetze

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 07:11:13 am »
My device is up & running for ADS-B now. From my office I can pick up signals inside a radius of approximately 35 NM.

The ARF is not running yet. I used the wirelessthings PowerPod instead of the XBee (see attachement).

Can anybody help me with the pinout? From the link postet above, I can not tell from which side you look at the board to locate Pin1. If I look at the side of the board where the SRF-Board and antenna connector are placed, is Pin 1 on the left or right side of the antenna connector?

onkelmuetze

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 07:25:16 am »
I just decided to take a chance on the ARF-board and soldered the wires to the other side - and it works ;)

So if you look at the side with the antenna connector, Pin 1 is left of the connector.  ;D