Author Topic: Enhancement Requests  (Read 241134 times)

SGS66

Re: Enhancement Requests
« Reply #390 on: September 02, 2022, 03:07:18 pm »
Radar page Nautical Miles option ?

Now we have weather, and very useful it is, can we have the option for nautical miles instead of km so my brain does not have to keep calculating as I compare my onboard GPS nm to my next turning point ?

The weather picture on my route Gloster - Shoreham this morning was amazing

Admin

« Reply #391 on: September 02, 2022, 08:55:26 pm »
Voila

Ian Melville

« Reply #392 on: September 03, 2022, 09:08:01 pm »
Missed a bit top right corner :-)

marioair

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2022, 09:23:42 pm »
Please can we have this in a native app ?

steveu

« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2022, 10:53:41 am »
I may have mentioned this before but it would result in the loss of a USB port...

It's possible to get buttons which will talk to a USB port (we use them in broadcast), and a four button device would allow for volume up/down, mute/unmute, and one other custom instruction to the Rosetta.

Maybe a subset of buttons could be put into an assignable instruction?

Lot of work I know, but would be useful.

marioair

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 07, 2022, 11:19:01 am »
I think an app would be much better as

(a) easier to support/patch
(b) not all installs give the pilot physical access to the PaW when in flight.

Ian Melville

« Reply #396 on: September 07, 2022, 01:02:43 pm »
I disagree marioair. Apps for eveything can become cluttered and may not be accessable when needed. Buttons as described by Steve would be on the end of a cable.
The issue I see is writing the drivers for the RPI and then intergrating them ino the image.

I don't know if there are spare GPIO ports available as it would only require three inputs UP, Down and Mute/Unmute toggle. OK, that is more of a hardware soulution.

marioair

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 07, 2022, 01:26:39 pm »
fair enough, but you're mixing up two issues

there already is an "app" - its the webpages for PAW> where you can change the volume, mute unmute. But UI/UX is awful. Particularly inflight.
secondly, i like to run a sterile cockpit. i suspect the large majority of people that run PAW also have a tablet of some form. what i definetly dont want it to run another cable and have a physical volume controllter just to control PAW

steveu

« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2022, 11:47:34 pm »
there already is an "app" - its the webpages for PAW> where you can change the volume, mute unmute. But UI/UX is awful. Particularly inflight.
secondly, i like to run a sterile cockpit. i suspect the large majority of people that run PAW also have a tablet of some form. what i definetly dont want it to run another cable and have a physical volume controllter just to control PAW

I'm using the audio direct from the Rosetta and would rather not have to mess about with a tablet or phone to control the volume.

I already have a volume controller to control the audio volume from the PAW but it doesn't do an instant mute/unmute. It works well but the wheel is quite small. It is a potentiometer that dims the audio connection

It's a contradiction to have an EC device with an audio traffic service that does not take your eyes back into the aircraft from a good look out but then needs screen/tablet interaction and searching for virtual buttons or changing screens.

You don't need physical access to the PAW in flight, just a cable connected.

The other solution would be to allow Bluetooth control of the PAW via a remote button like that used in a car to remotely control any media player.

I have such a BT controller that is used to control my eink moving map navigator for PG, rather that trying to control an eink tablet via touch, I have this remote button cluster that will allow me to zoom in or out, then go to different screens.

This:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225067720830

You would only need to map the volume buttons correctly and use the play/pause button for mute/unmute.

I've used one of these and and it's highly effective for reducing workload whilst flying.

marioair

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2022, 08:04:52 am »
I feel fundamentally different.
I don’t want more cables, controllers or things to keep charged.

At the moment I just fly with Skydemon and with paw audio plumbed straight into my intercom.

I actually managed to get a couple of iOS shortcuts to mute and unmute the audio but it’s hit and miss and the apis are not documented.  These are literally one button press.

But my point is much more general, about the lack of a decent user interface. We have great things like the METAR and weather capabilities. But  Inflight usability of the paw UI is awful.

Paw is awesome and the use of commodity components is great. However it’s mature enough now to move away from the amateur UI.

SGS66

« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2022, 07:10:36 pm »
Voila
Could you please be more specific and tell me where to start to get this result

neilld

« Reply #401 on: September 13, 2022, 11:03:06 am »
Voila
Is this enhancemant available now?  Just checked for updates and still getting original Radar screen.

SGS66

« Reply #402 on: September 22, 2022, 05:18:03 pm »
So much for voila

exfirepro

« Reply #403 on: September 22, 2022, 06:09:12 pm »
Hi Guys,

The latest Public Software Release I can find is 20220805. I think Lee’s ‘Nautical Miles’ Mod is still in Beta - which is only available to the Development Team and TestFlight Group (though Lee ‘might’ be prepared to give you access if you ask nicely - as you guys asked for it). That said, I know we were asked for some further additions at Popham (including the option for ‘black traffic on a white screen and the ability to increase text size), so I guess he is probably still working on these rather than release ‘half a fix’.

Hopefully a full release shortly.

Best Regards

Peter

Pico

« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2022, 11:55:13 am »
Thanks for the update. i am happy knowing it is in the pipeline