British Forum > Technical Support

PAW audio to Trig radio

(1/3) > >>

Dave1906:
Can anyone tell me how to attach the audio out plug which is a 3.5mm audio plug to the Trig pin.  I'm handy but not particularly electrical minded. Is it just a case of chopping the lead to expose the carrier wire, then attaching it to a female socket then to the audio pin on the Trig? 

any help gratefully received.

Dave

tnowak:
You may need to connect the "other" wire from the 3.5 mm plug to airframe or audio ground.
Also, sometimes a 600 ohm resistor in the feed to the Trig ext audio input is required.
You could check with Trig if this is required.
Tony

exfirepro:
Hi Dave,

Take a look at this thread, which should help explain what you are looking for - at least from the PilotAware end...

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1962.msg20981.html#msg20981

I seem to remember in the past suggesting a Search for 'Audio Out' using the Search box at top right, from the Forum Home Screen to ensure maximum depth search of the Forum. There might already be something on there to help with your Trig. If you are still having problems, please come back to me.

Best Regards

Peter

PaulSS:
An alternative suggestion is to wire a Bluetooth receiver into the Aux input. This way you can Bluetooth audio from, for instance, a SkyDemon-equipped tablet and then enjoy the ‘Intelligent Audio’, as opposed to raw PAW audio. Of course, if you want raw PAW you can Bluetooth your PAW to the BT receiver. The point being, if you did something like that you have more options.

Dave1906:
Hey thanks all for the replies, I am currently trying a amplifier from Amazon, I think this would be good, but may need to wire the output to the PAW to the Trig. Can anyone do me a simple drawing of how to attach the chopped 3.5mm wire from PAW to the pin on the Trig? I understand the black wire needs earthing, but attaching the pos wire to the back of the PAW pin is what I need help on at this point.

Thanks.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version