Author Topic: Android Beta Release of PilotAware Now Available  (Read 3545 times)

Vic

Re: Android Beta Release of PilotAware Now Available
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 12:09:27 pm »
Thanks Peter

Ok, connected to an HDMI display and watched the boot process until it reached the PAW login screen..

Step 2 'Upload Firmware'  took around 45 seconds, then checking firmware, then  'complete'.   No change on PAW screen, still at Login prompt
Step 3 Load and  Reboot, click on 'OK ' No change on PAW screen, still at Login prompt. Left for 15 minutes, no change

Phone is a Huawei P30 Running on Android 10

Same result on my Lenovo Tab 3-8 running Android 6. Neither device has any 3rd party Firewall or Antivirus running or any VPN
Checked for updates in the PAW itself, expected result as per attached. No low volt or throttling errors.

I then flipped open the Rosetta cover and remembered I had a small USB memory stick in one of the ports that I use to occasionally sync all my Track files to.

Removed this and Hey Presto! The Update completed OK. Examined the Memory stick and there is no update file there.

So, there is a small bug of sorts in the updater or the instructions need to be amended to say remove any USB sticks from the device! ;)

Vic

Admin

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 01:08:34 pm »
Hi Vic,

Good detective work!
Let me see if I can work out what is wrong

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 01:12:31 pm »
Thanks Vic,

Edit: Cross posted with Lee’s above.

As you know, the ‘pre-Firmware-Updater’ update process triggered via the ‘Check for Updates’ button on the PAW ‘Updates’ Screen, checks for updates on any connected USB memory stick or on the Internet via a connected Ethernet cable. I guess the Firmware Updater interacts with this process and in your case found the USB stick, but no update and got ‘stuck’ at that point.

Good to hear you have resolved the problem. I will bring this to the attention of Neil Hathaway, who designed both the Apple and Android versions of the PilotAware Firmware Updater. Thanks again!

Best Regards as always

Peter
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 01:17:11 pm by exfirepro »

Admin

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 05:04:18 pm »
Good to hear you have resolved the problem. I will bring this to the attention of Neil Hathaway, who designed both the Apple and Android versions of the PilotAware Firmware Updater. Thanks again!

TBH, I don't think there is anything Neil can do at this stage, I need to do modify the available update types when a USB drive is available

exfirepro

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 09:56:26 am »
Hi Lee,

Yes of course. I realised you would see the post threads, but I don’t think Neil is on here as often and knew he would want to know there had been an issue involving the Updater. You will have seen our exchanges by e-mail as I copied you in.

Best Regards

Peter

neilmurg

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 06:54:58 pm »
I've used it several times and it has been flawless. You have to make sure you've downloaded the new version before your phone/device connects to the PAw (no internet). Other than that, quick, easy, thanks very much!