Author Topic: Network password  (Read 1452 times)

rodent0_2

Network password
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:48:02 am »
Hi any way to change this, tried yesterday when I did the latest update but wouldn’t have it, currently have quiet a long password in the system, the other week due to a wrong switch flick by me whilst flying I lost the network connection and I couldn’t get the paw back on line without entering the network password on my tablet, I failed to do this until I was back on the ground got me thinking maybe I should have something a little simpler. Are there a minimum number of characters if so that was possibly the issue. Thanks in advance. Nick
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT

Admin

Re: Network password
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 10:30:28 am »
Minimum 8 characters as I recall
Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:32:20 am »
Hi Nick,

That’s why I don’t use a network password.  :-\ That’s the last thing I want to be struggling with in a bouncing aircraft - which is when anything like this going wrong always happens!

The other serious problem with the password is there isn’t a ‘reset’ - if you forget it (or set something mis-spelt’) and then get locked out and can’t get back in unless you find the password previously set. The only way I know of to sort it is a complete new software install and start again.

Hope you get it sorted.

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 10:34:04 am »
Actually if you forget the password, you can access it over the wired rj45 interface so no need for a reset

Thx
Lee

rodent0_2

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 01:15:33 pm »
Thanks folks, it’s sorted as in still working just wanted it shorter.
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT