Author Topic: ADS-B out on both transponder AND PAW  (Read 1464 times)

jeroen

ADS-B out on both transponder AND PAW
« on: October 11, 2020, 01:46:13 pm »
As a newbie i tried to find the answer on my question in the manual and on the forum, but unfortunately couldn't find what i was looking for.

I fly a paramotor trike equipped with a Trig TT21 transponder that's connected to a Trig TN72 ADS-B out unit.

After installing PAW Rosetta i will be transmitting 2X ADS-B out. (if i'm right?) 
I can imagine that this is not useful or maybe even can be confusing.
If so I prefer to transmit the Trig data and not the PAW ADS-B data.
But couldn't find the settings in PAW to do so.

Please help me out any advice is welcome.

Jeroen

Kurt37

Re: ADS-B out on both transponder AND PAW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 01:59:56 pm »
Paw does not have ADSB out, only in

Kind regards
Patrick

jeroen

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 02:07:10 pm »
Thanks!

PaulSS

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 06:39:53 pm »
A Trig TN72 is not an ADSB out unit. It is simply a certified GPS, which sends positional information to your TT21. This information is, in turn, used by the extended squitter in your TT21 to provide ADSB out. Without the TT21 you would NOT be providing ADSB out.

You COULD use your Rosetta to provide GPS information to your TT21 and cut out the the TN72 altogether. The only downside of this is the Rosetta will only give an SIL of 0 (uncertified), whereas the TN72 will provide SIL1 (certified).

I would suggest carrying (and powering) the extra kit just to provide an SIL of 1 in a paramotor is overkill, when SIL 0 is perfectly adequate but it does future-proof you and it is pointless undoing what you've already done in buying and fitting it.

Kurt, of course, has already allayed your fears that you may be chucking out two lots of ADSB, which is not the case.