Author Topic: Rosetta - 4 red 'lights'  (Read 4235 times)

rhine

Rosetta - 4 red 'lights'
« on: May 26, 2018, 03:53:33 pm »
Just taken delivery of a Rosetta, and getting red indications for ADS-B, TRX, BMP and GPS.
The logs repeat 'Await Radio Start'
Config - Mode-CS / Long Range / +/-50000ft
Powered on an Anker USB in the car cigarette lighter, Rosetta on car bonnet using supplied USB power lead
License key added, and firmware is 20180429

Any ideas please? Thanks, Richard

Admin

Re: Rosetta - 4 red 'lights'
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:04:15 pm »
Hi Richard

Can you post home page screenshot pls
and configure page

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:47:14 pm by Admin »

rhine

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 11:17:18 pm »
Thanks Lee - screenshots @ https://ibm.box.com/s/42va8dolryhsmjn90nzahw6ar5tz5m60

Can you read them? Thanks, Richard

Admin

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 12:31:19 am »
Hi Richard
Something is not right, no usb devices are listed
Also the screenshot is truncated I dont see the full screen

An I ask what power supply you are using ?
Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 04:35:03 am »
Hi Richard,

As per Lee’s posts, there is something very strange going on here. There should be more rows at the bottom of the ‘Home’ Screen listing the various USB Devices - namely the GPS and SDR receiver dongles. These seem to be ‘missing’ from the table.

When the unit starts for the first time in a new location, it can take several minutes for the GPS to collect data and check its position before PilotAware will start the P3i transceiver Bridge (TRX) as it would be dangerous for this to try to operate without knowing your position, which would explain why the TRX ‘light’ is red, but we need to determine why the GPS is showing as ‘Unavailable’ in the first place.

Can you open the small top cover at the end away from the antennas (you will need to cut carefully across the label at the join with a small knife then gently press down the centre top and slide the cover back away from the main case to open it). Check that the two dongles inside are fully inserted into their USB slots. Also check that the little micro SD card is seated properly in its slot at the other end of the case (between the antennas).

Once checked, try powering up again and let us know what happens. WRT the Home Screen BTW, we need to see the full ‘Uptime’ row entry. The ‘throttled’ bit at the extreme right will show if there is a power issue.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Peter

rogellis

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 09:36:33 am »
Miht be a silly question, but has the Rosetta got a good view of the sky during testing (ie, not in a hangar....) ?

R

rhine

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 10:16:44 am »
Thanks Peter for the prompt service. Opened the case, and 1 x USB device was rolling around the box, and the other was loose. So, fixed that, tried again and all is well!

PS, for my quick test I ran the Rosetta off a Nokia phone charger rated at 5.0V and 1200mA. Will be using my Anker cigarette lighter setup for the Flex, but helped me here for a quick check.

Good view of sky with Rosetta sitting in the sun on a garden chair.

Thanks again. Richard

exfirepro

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 10:48:55 am »
Hi Richard,

You are very welcome. Glad we got to the bottom of the problem.

Yes, you ‘can’ sometimes get the units to run with a lower-than-recommended value power supply, but a high proportion of ‘faults’ turn out to be due to inadequate power supply or use of a poorer quality (in terms of load capacity) power cable.

Best Regards

Peter

Keithvinning

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 12:47:51 pm »
Thanks Peter for the prompt service. Opened the case, and 1 x USB device was rolling around the box, and the other was loose. So, fixed that, tried again and all is well!

PS, for my quick test I ran the Rosetta off a Nokia phone charger rated at 5.0V and 1200mA. Will be using my Anker cigarette lighter setup for the Flex, but helped me here for a quick check.

Good view of sky with Rosetta sitting in the sun on a garden chair.

Thanks again. Richard

Hi Richard

I am sorry that you had the problem in the first place this shouldn't happen. We will review our manufacturing process to make sure this doesn't happen

Apologies again

Keith

rhine

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 01:48:01 pm »
Good man. Thanks for the support.