Author Topic: SkyDemon hangs on Seeking GPS Satellites  (Read 2663 times)

atlasit

SkyDemon hangs on Seeking GPS Satellites
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:35:40 am »
Following the latest PAW update (20170721) SkyDemon hangs on the message Seeking GPS Satellites 6 found.  PAW config Home screen shows GPS as green with the following info "USB Msgs=61(+0) Fix="GPS fix (SPS)" Mode="3D" Satellites=6"  Logging pages shows repeated
"GPS-USB   : Select/Read Timeout=0 Count=-1 errno=Resource temporarily unavailable"  Messages.  I have tried reverting to an earlier software build but with the same result.  Any ideas as to what is going on.  Thanks. Mike

Admin

Re: SkyDemon hangs on Seeking GPS Satellites
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:55:29 am »
Following the latest PAW update (20170721) SkyDemon hangs on the message Seeking GPS Satellites 6 found.  PAW config Home screen shows GPS as green with the following info "USB Msgs=61(+0) Fix="GPS fix (SPS)" Mode="3D" Satellites=6"  Logging pages shows repeated
"GPS-USB   : Select/Read Timeout=0 Count=-1 errno=Resource temporarily unavailable"  Messages.  I have tried reverting to an earlier software build but with the same result.  Any ideas as to what is going on.  Thanks. Mike

Hi Mike

sounds strange,

Q1. Is this a Classic or homebuild ?
Q2. Do you have any additional dongles in use (transponder, flarm etc)

After allowing the system to boot up and run for about 5 minutes,
could you post a screenshot of your HOME, TRAFFIC and LOGGING pages

Thx
Lee

atlasit

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 07:22:34 am »
Hi Lee,
After a bit more testing and the time honored process of elimination I think I have traced the problem to a dodgy power lead.  Probably should have checked this before pestering the forum but subject to a flight test everything now appears to be good.
Many thanks for getting back to me and for a great product.
Mike

Keithvinning

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:25:32 pm »
Hi Mike

I am adding this response to help future readers.

More than 90% of the faults with pilotAware are due either to a weak power supply or a high resistance lead. Its amazing what faults show up due to the 'brown out' conditions (unit not working properly due to low input voltage and therefore starved of current).

It even catches me out when I am stripping things apart. If I am sloppy and use a poorly charged battery or try to get away with a phone charger or lead then things don't work as they should.

The moral. If you are an athlete and you want to perform properly, then you have to nourish and hydrate properly. PilotAware is the same it needs 5.2V and 2.1A then it performs well.  :-*

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:58:47 pm by Keithvinning »