Author Topic: PAW stopped recognising targets  (Read 2351 times)

JohnR

PAW stopped recognising targets
« on: July 27, 2017, 01:45:13 pm »
I have been using PAW for several months successfully but recently it started seeing targets intermittently and now doesn't see any at all.  It did get quite hot one day on the coaming and I wonder if this might be the problem.  I have checked that all the lights are working correctly, red power is on and continuous, red and green lights flash and it is seeing satellites.  I have changed settings to be less sensitive and still not working.  Any one have a solution or recommendation to get it working?

exfirepro

Re: PAW stopped recognising targets
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 03:08:20 pm »
Hi John,

Can you still log onto your PilotAware Wifi?

Are you 'seeing" anything on your PAW traffic screen?

Can you post screen grabs of your PAW Home Screen and Configure Screen so we can see what is going on please, then we can take things from there.

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 05:01:15 pm »
I have been in contact with John, it looks like either a faulty RTL-SDR Dongle, or ADS-B Antenna
We will swap the out and see if that solves the issue, then take a look at the old parts

Thx
Lee

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:27:57 am »
The antenna seems to have been the problem.  Swapped for a new one and all working perfectly now.

A big thank you to all at PAW for a very professional and quick solution to my problem.  They responded immediately and sent out a new antenna.

This sort of service is not usually the case in aviation so they deserve a big thank you for excellent customer service.

Regards

John

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 01:42:00 pm »
Hi John.

Lee & Co are at the LAA Rally this weekend, but will no doubt catch up with the Forum later. Unfortunately, I'm committed to childminding, so couldn't make it down, so doing my bit by keeping the 'help desk' going. Great to hear your PAW is back up and running. Thanks for the endorsement. We do like to keep our users happy!

Regards

Peter