Author Topic: New Stations Added  (Read 95718 times)

Ian Melville

Re: New Stations Added
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2018, 04:16:33 pm »
Between Chippenham and Marlborough in Wiltshire

Vince

« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2018, 09:50:39 pm »
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

PaulRuskin

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2018, 03:29:58 pm »
Anyone know who owns CalneW?

Paul

Yes

Excellent.  Would you like to share - at least with me?  (paul@ruskin.me.uk).

I manage Calne, and will put the owner in touch.

Paul

Vince

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2018, 01:07:12 am »
CalneW is my setup which I intend to move to the airstrip once I have all the bits assembled.

It will run of battery charged by a solar panel, have a 4G internet connection and uses a aerial I picked up at the LAA rally.

Once moved I’ll look at building another for CalneW and then mount the aerials on the roof and replace the FR24 in the loft.
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

PaulRuskin

« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2018, 08:53:09 am »
CalneW is my setup which I intend to move to the airstrip once I have all the bits assembled.

It will run of battery charged by a solar panel, have a 4G internet connection and uses a aerial I picked up at the LAA rally.

Once moved I’ll look at building another for CalneW and then mount the aerials on the roof and replace the FR24 in the loft.

Great.  Which airstrip?

Ping me an email with your email address, and I'll put you in touch with the owner of Calne.

Paul (paul@ruskin.me.uk)

Vince

« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2018, 01:49:33 am »
I have now moved the OGN-R from the front room to the garage and placed the aerials on the garage roof as pictured.

It is now using an LTE router with a free Three PAYGo SIM which gets 200MB of data free each month. Will run it like this for a few weeks so I can see how much data it uses.

www.strandedflyer.net

peter.seddon

« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2018, 02:44:42 pm »
My station (Morecambe) has used 200Mb up and down since midnight Friday 28th Sep.
Peter S
G-DDLA

Admin

« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2018, 04:05:04 pm »
I was discussing this earlier
I think we could probably come up with a low bandwidth scheme to make this better suited to this type of scenario

Thx
Lee

peter.seddon

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2018, 09:52:40 am »
Looks like UKBRW is up and running now at Barrow in Furness, so that's another one for the list.
Peter S
G-DDLA

Cottie

« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2018, 09:11:32 pm »
Hi all,

I have recently setup a new site in Congleton, to cover the gap over Cheshire.

At the moment I am just using the original Antenna provided for the PAW mounted internal to the attic. When I have worked out the best way, I will update with better antennas.
Iain
PWLymm

Keithvinning

« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2018, 10:36:28 am »
Great Job let me know when you want a better antenna.

So everyone has been busy and we now have 98 OGN-R locations that have been fitted. This, as Arthur Nap Shappy on the Cabin Pressure Radio show would say is BRILLIANT. . An absolutely great example of co-operation between the Gliding and power communities.

I need to check those that are currently down and we will also at some time get the SW up to a standard so that upgrades are automatic.

However with 2 months to go I am confident that we will have 100 sites up and running by the end of the year. An unbelievable achievement.

I will make a list of all the sites and update the MAP when I have chance. If however you have time to put yours on the map then this will help.

The target is now 200 by 2020.

We will continue to provide the bridges and Pi's so if you are able to install an OGN-R over the winter at your site then please help us to increase the coverage in preparation for Mode-S/3D after the trial.

Also for those of you that are of an engineering bent why not consider installing a 360 RADAR node at your home. As well as being a great little project it will help contribute to the MLAT data for Mode-S/3D.  https://signup.360radar.co.uk

Cant mention you all by name but thanks for all your hard work. You are really making history.

Keith

Vince

« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2018, 11:23:49 pm »
My unit has been now running a month on the garage and so far is using less than 200mb of data via the 4G router so will make an effort to move it to the airfield soon. Attached is a screen shot of the data used with 2 days left to run last month.

When I do move this over to the airfield I will look at replacing the one here at home so will need some aerials and bits Keith. That will take you to 99 ;)

www.strandedflyer.net

Keithvinning

« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2018, 04:04:32 pm »
Hi Vince

Thats great

What is the name of the airfield and what will be the name of the House

Drop me a PM of what you want and I'll get it mustered

Cheers

Keith

Keithvinning

« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2018, 04:08:19 pm »
Ahah

I guess one of them is Lydeway?

Keith

Vince

« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2018, 06:17:30 pm »
Yes Lydeway and CalneW

www.strandedflyer.net