Author Topic: SKYDEMON and DUAL160 GPS  (Read 3523 times)

Pete

SKYDEMON and DUAL160 GPS
« on: September 27, 2015, 12:38:39 am »
Used my PilotAware today for first time in aircraft using my Dual Bluetooth GPS which has been faultless over the past 12months.
I took off and then noticed I hadn't moved on the iPad SD screen but was showing correct GS/Track etc  compared with the other GPS information (Trimble aircraft GPS and separate iPhone5 with SD running in normal "Location Services" Mode). Everytime I stopped navigating SD which was running on the  iPad whilst flying, then  restarted SD in the air  (FLY) with "FLARM" it located me to that new fix  again  but again showed no movement on the screen.I was able to see ADS-B targets
So flying back to base I just used the iPad's own GPS with PilotAware and all performed OK, and I was  still seeing ADS-B targets .
I can't confirm seeing other PilotAware traffic yet as I need to do some more  testing with other users.

Has anyone been able to use their Dual 160 GPS with PilotAware and SD? If so what setup is being used ?

P.S. I'm running the NMEA App only at this time and using s/w Version 20150919. Build of my PA unit, is as per the current Manual and using the Digole regulator board.

Any feedback welcome
Thanks.
The mind is like an Umbrella, it only works when it is open!

Admin

Re: SKYDEMON and DUAL160 GPS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:12:02 am »
Hi Pete,

Sorry for the late reply on this, can you try the CollisionAware (v0.3) App as an alternative ?
The next thing to try would be to turn on some diagnostics.
The way to do this is via the PilotAware Web Interface

http://192.168.1.1/config.cgi
check the option 'nmea' and then click 'save'
now go to the 'logging' page and see what messages are streamed

Pete

Re: SKYDEMON and DUAL160 GPS
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:21:24 pm »
Thanks Lee.

I will try this next time flying as the Dual160 is in aircraft at the moment and I have the latest CollisionAware 0.3 v app loaded yesterday but not had a chance to try it in the air..
The mind is like an Umbrella, it only works when it is open!