Author Topic: Problem Solved, I think.  (Read 2403 times)

turkeysneck

Problem Solved, I think.
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:13:37 pm »
Lee, thank you very much for your help at Popham, I flew back and it never missed a beat.
Time will tell but I'm confident you have fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

Darren.

Admin

Re: Problem Solved, I think.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:28:38 pm »
Hi Darren
Your welcome

I had not realised you were turkeysneck on the forum  ;D

Thx
Lee

turkeysneck

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 07:52:04 pm »
Hi Darren
Your welcome

I had not realised you were turkeysneck on the forum  ;D

Thx
Lee

Just my warped sense of humour.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 11:23:59 pm »
Hi Darren,

You should have introduced yourself at Popham, I would have liked to have met you, though I might of course have been off the stand when you visited. Glad to hear Lee got things sorted for you. Hopefully all OK now.

PAW proved its worth yet again on my way down on Friday afternoon, alerting me to a low wing GA descending right on top of me just north-east of the Benson MATZ, which would almost certainly have hit me if I hadn't had just sufficient warning to take avoiding action. Closest I ever want to get to another aircraft in flight!

I also had an exciting flight back home in the strong winds late on Sunday afternoon. Popham to East Fortune in 3 hours 50 minutes total flying time with only a brief landing to refuel at Sherburn in Elmet. The second leg from Sherburn to East Fortune averaged 107mph, with a max ground speed of 146mph. Not bad for a nine year old GT450!

Happy and safe flying

Best Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:08:39 am by exfirepro »

Admin

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 09:17:51 am »
Hi Darren,

Quick follow up on this.
I used your suspect WiFi dongle in one of my known good PilotAware systems.
The only time I have noticed an issue with WiFi dongles, is when they draw to much power when in Access Point mode. So I ran yours connected to a Peak Current monitor. I have been running the system connected to a an iPad mini for 24 hours without a dropout, and the current has not peaked beyond 240mA.
Faulty ones I have seen previously have peaked at 1000mA.

So I am still not totally convinced, the WiFi is definitely at fault, so please keep us updated with your findings.
One other thing, I cannot recall if we altered the power settings on the WiFi output ?
That may have contributed to the improvement.

Thx
Lee