Author Topic: Dead unit ?  (Read 3894 times)

stuart2348

Dead unit ?
« on: April 15, 2017, 10:23:44 pm »
Hi Guy's

I have to admit to not using my PilotAware as much I thought I would ... but typically, sods law, I want to use it tomorrow and I went to check it out and it does not respond ?
When powered up the red & green LEDs illuminate, the GPS receiver LED will flash once briefly when the power cord is pushed in. It doesn't appear to have any WIFI link, No Enet link - I think that's because the port is not powered ? and there is no further indication the GPS receiver is powered ?

Is there any factory reset or other thoughts ?

Many thanks

Stuart

Admin

Re: Dead unit ?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 11:06:05 pm »
Hi Stuart

Sounds like you have dislodged the micro sd card

Thx
Lee

stuart2348

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 11:20:01 pm »
Hi Lee,

I have checked the card, and just rechecked it incase, but its in correctly ...
Using a Morphie power block to power it up this evening.

Stuart

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 11:21:32 pm »
Stuart,

There's no 'Factory Reset' I'm afraid. I was just going to suggest checking that the Micro-SD card is in properly, but see Lee has beaten me to it. If Lee's suggestion doesn't cure the problem the rest of my post might, however, help point us to what is going on, so I have posted it anyway.

You say 'When powered up the red and green LEDs illuminate' - I take it you mean the two LEDs at the bottom left as you look at the end of the unit with the P3i antenna attached? Can you explain what each of the LEDs is doing - e.g. flashing or steady please.

Can you tell us how you are powering the Unit? Edit: See you've just done that - might be that the power block isn't supplying enough power - it MUST be able to supply at least 2 amps at 5 volts.

Can you connect your PilotAware to a monitor (or TV) with an HDMI lead and tell us what you see on the screen when you power it up, or take and post a photo(s).

Regards

Peter

stuart2348

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 11:25:42 pm »
Hi Peter,
yes the LED's are both steady, I have also tried my iPad charging Plug socket too, but no difference.

Will try the HDMI ...

Stuart

stuart2348

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 11:27:26 pm »
Nothing when plugged into the HDMI

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 11:40:07 pm »
Stuart,

Not even a rainbow screen? Try leaving the HDMI connected for a while and see what happens. If you still get no reaction, it may be that the software on your card has got corrupted somehow, though I can't think why.

You could try a fresh install by downloading the 'Full Installation Image' of the latest software from pilotaware.lode.com , but you would have to do a complete reformat of the SD card first as per the instructions starting on Page 43 of the latest PilotAware User Manual obtainable on pilotaware.com

Regards

Peter

stuart2348

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 11:43:22 pm »
Sorry, no rainbow... My TV has message "No Signal"

I will try to reload the image file, if that's the next step ...

Many thanks,
Stuart

exfirepro

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 11:46:26 pm »
Take it you do have the TV connected to the right HDMI input - only asking - sort of mistake I make!! :-[

Certainly worth making a fresh card image, but very important to do a FULL Overwrite card reformat with SIZE ADJUSTMENT 'ON' or it won't work.

Peter
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:48:06 pm by exfirepro »

stuart2348

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 12:43:05 am »
Hi Peter

So, the card supplied with the PilotAware will not format, it fails every time, so it must be corrupt...
I have another card from my GoPro, I will try that card although it is a larger capacity.
Format of that card has been successful, and I have transferred the software over.
It is now loading, on the TV, I can see it now...

Will advise, but its looking good so far.... tempting fate  :)

Stuart

exfirepro

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 12:50:10 am »
Hopefully that will sort it. I will check back in the morning.

Peter Zzzzzz

stuart2348

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 09:20:52 am »
Morning,

So, Ive configured another SD card, its all loaded, checked settings and traffic data present  :)

All set to go...

Thanks for your help chaps !!!

Stuart

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 11:39:02 am »
Have you put your licence activation back in? Just askin'...  ;D

exfirepro

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 02:22:40 pm »
Well done Stuart, Have fun flying.

Regards