Author Topic: Bluetooth Audio for PAW  (Read 3986 times)

Easy Cruising

Bluetooth Audio for PAW
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:15:17 pm »
Just a note to say that a Bluetooth transmitter connected to PAW works fine. See the attached pic. I bought this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Streambot-Portable/dp/B00Z9M488E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1481648452&sr=8-5&keywords=mpow+bluetooth+transmitter

Connect the 3.5mm jack to the paw output and the usb to the spare paw usb port. It paired with my Lightspeed Zulu 2 straight away (I think because it uses default code 0000) and the audio works just like that. For me the volume level is perfect.

I missed a trick because some other Bluetooth audio transmitters available on Amazon can transmit to 2 devices, which would allow 2 headsets. Anyway, works a treat.

Noticed, that on the ground with the mode-c/s enabled, the nice lady rants endlessly when other aircraft are in the circuit, presumably because they are constantly changing level when landing/taking off. Somewhat irritating, but generally the audio is a positive feature imho.

Keithvinning

Re: Bluetooth Audio for PAW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »
Thanks EC

I also have Zulu headsets which work with my BT device.
BTW the nice lady is Lee's daughter and she is very nice. Perhaps we should have chosen a Victor Meldrew or John Clees voice.
If I had done it it would have sounded like Ozzie Osbourne on a good day.

Cheers

keith

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 11:10:53 am »
For information this is the one that I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272048764056

It works very well with my Zulu Sierra Headsets. I haven't tried pairing 2 yet but can't see why it shouldn't work.
One slight disadvantage is that you can't charge and use the unit at the same time so yet to see how long it lasts.

On the Zulu Headsets there is a BT volume control which seems to give the input a boost.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:12:52 am by Keithvinning »

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:49:33 pm »
Keith, those can be used while charging. The web page you linked has the details about this misconception.
Nice postman delivered mine yesterday, but I won't get my mitts on it until Tomorrow, but yet to get a BT headset yet 😜

Keithvinning

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 01:02:03 pm »
Thanks Ian

I'll try it with the power on. It would be great if it could be made to pair automatically on power up but I guess I will have to push the button. Ho hum.

Re BT headsets we have had very good service from our Zulu Headsets. A bit pricey (a little less than Bose I think) but we are in a syndicate of 4 so they came at half price each.

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »
Still evaluating what to do about headsets, because of my poor hearing it's not straight forward.