Author Topic: newbie question - Dynon skyview ADSB 470  (Read 3273 times)

crisisguy

newbie question - Dynon skyview ADSB 470
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:04:37 am »
hi there

Im new to this PAW and like what i see

I have a dynon skyview system with the dynon (Trig) transponder.

when i installed the system i was told their ADSB module wont work in the UK. Im confused though as to what the dynon module does and how is it different to the PAW system (apart from the Dynon being way more expensive)

Also, can the PAW system be hooked up to display traffic on the SV screen?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, ive searched google and cant find the answers.

brinzlee

Re: newbie question - Dynon skyview ADSB 470
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 09:17:23 am »
I am installing a Dynon D1000T....as long as you connect the GPS into it (Dynon GPS or Pilot Aware GPS via a USB RS232 module), the output can go to certain Transponders and providing you have verified that you have set SIL and SDA to 0 you can apply to certain higher powers for permission to transmit ADSB signals which are the culmination of acquired GPS data and aircraft data over your mode s transponder.

Admin

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:25:28 am »
Other members have connected PilotAware to SkyView using an RS232 connection, and configuring PilotAware to send FLARM Sentences over the RS232.
This allows SkyView to display the traffic.
If your system supports FLARM sentences over RS232, then you will also be able to do this.

thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 10:22:08 am »
If you go to the forum home screen and do a search for Skyview or Dynon Skyview you will find several helpful posts on this subject.

Regards

Peter