Author Topic: Pressure Altitude (BMP) Status  (Read 3106 times)

the_doc

Pressure Altitude (BMP) Status
« on: December 19, 2016, 10:30:10 pm »
I just updated to the latest version. Prior my pressure altitude status was picking up a QNH 1022 (actually spot on accurate).

Since the update I get the screen below. QNH=1013

Has the update upset my pressure sensor, or is there a change to the settings?

On the wifi front, what settings should I use now?  I think the unit has remembered my previous settings of b, channel 9, 100mw  should I be using g and 10mw now?  I am a little confused.

Best wishes,

Ian

exfirepro

Re: Pressure Altitude (BMP) Status
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:44:02 pm »
Hi Ian,

Your PAW is showing Manual QNH, because there is no GPS available (see the GPS line in your screen grab). Either you don't have your GPS plugged in (which seems the most likely interpretation from the screengrab), or it isn't able to get a fix. The QNH is derived from the baro after comparison to the GPS derived altitude after which the QNH changes to Auto.

Can you advise what the situation is with your GPS please

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:07:49 am by exfirepro »

the_doc

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:28:43 am »
Hi Peter,

You're quite right, there was GPS signal by the window before the update, and none by the desk post-update. I hadn't realised that would be the cause of what I was seeing.

Had anyone got advice on the best wifi settings to use?

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 07:17:50 am »
Gif your WiFi is working OK in the aircraft don't change it. If you are having GPS drop outs then lower the power. If the tablet is only a couple of feet from the PAW, then 10mw should be enough.

My philosophy is:
If it ain't broke don't dick around with it  :)

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 09:02:14 am »
Hi (the_doc) Ian,

I agree with Ian M, if it's working be very careful about what you change. Lee has however changed the default WiFi power (for new units) to 10mW as experience has shown that we generally don't need the WiFi range that 100mW provides, and in certain circumstances too high WiFi power can cause its own issues.

There should be no problem if you want to try reducing your WiFi power (I currently run my 'in plane' unit on 20mW), just do so in stages and see what happens after each change. If your WiFi connection starts to drop out, revert to the next setting up. You would only need to change the WiFi channel if you are experiencing local channel interference (usually in a home or work environment). I have never found any need to change this. I have reverted to the default WiFi Mode G, though I can't say I have noticed any difference. As with all adjustments, the trick is to only change one setting at a time and see what happens so you can easily step back to the previous setting if things stop working before making any further changes.

Regards

Peter