Author Topic: Software Update  (Read 3196 times)

bryannortje

Software Update
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:29:49 pm »
Ok so i have 2 fully licensed PAWS. Update both using USB last night and checked both and all ok at home. Went flying today and found that my primary one did not work with Butterfly connect error and a bunch of red squares on the home page..... the second one works fine. Now back home, thinking well just maybe one cannot use the same USB software update for multiple PAWS updates :o although my instinct says this should not be an issue. Reload the software onto USB stick, re-do the update and still issues. I then notice that it says that my license has expired - how on earth does this happen?? Keith what do i do now?

bryannortje

Re: Software Update
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 05:41:37 pm »
Oh well now just checked through things and found that somehow the licence key was carried over from the one paws to the other during the update process - I don't know how this happens as the 192.168.1.1 page should always only show the data from the wifi link from the running PAWS... its now working again - phew

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:26:31 pm »
Hi Bryan,

That's a new one on me. You should be able to update multiple PAWs using a '.pgp' file on a memory stick, provided the file is in the root of the stick and clearly labeled 'Pilotaware.pgp'. Do you by any chance have any of your PAW USB ports configured for either ADSB out or FLARM in? Just a thought.

Peter
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:29:58 pm by exfirepro »

Admin

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 10:17:51 pm »
Ahaaa !
It will be your web browser trying to be clever
It has cached the page from one Paw, and pushed it to another.

Sometimes tou see a similar issue after a reboot if you say refresh, it sends
Another reboit to the paw

Could this be it ?

Thx
Lee

AlanG

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 10:54:53 pm »
Hi

I had a similar experience the other night when I tried to update my second one.  Not one after the other so I didn't suspect the browser but I had been playing with the profile button and thought something had got transferred that way.  Computers........who'd have em!!!!!!!!!

Alan