Author Topic: Latest PAW audio alerts  (Read 2651 times)

flyingalan

Latest PAW audio alerts
« on: December 04, 2016, 01:21:12 pm »
Just downloaded and tried the latest software, Great !!

However a question ? are the audio warning profile box sizes fixed (vert and horiz) ?
I thought I understood at Flyer presentation that the box sizes were user configurable but I can't see any set up input ?

As an aside the radar works fine on my iPad and Win 10 P/C, however my windows phone connects and shows the radar screen but never updates, just shows the initial position frozen. If I manually refresh then it refreshes but resets distance parameters to original defaults. Not a biggy but just to warn any other windows phone users that radar doesn't seem to work correctly.

Minor confusion; the update web page download shows a version of 20161201 but the actual version seems to be 21061124 !

Great effort guys, really becoming a leader and a "must have" for any aircraft. The audio alerts are a great safety step forward.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:24:19 pm by flyingalan »

Keithvinning

Re: Latest PAW audio alerts
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 02:05:06 pm »
Hi Alan

Just downloaded and tried the latest software, Great !!

Glad you like it we do and from the feedback we have had so do a lot of others.

Minor confusion; the update web page download shows a version of 20161201 but the actual version seems to be 21061124 !

Yes you have spotted the none deliberate mistake.

In the software it reports itself as 20161124 which was last Wednesday when it was finalised and this date was embedded in the software.

The 20161201 is the date that was reported in the write up on pilotaware.lode.co.uk.

With all of the preparations for Flyer Live it was too late to do anything about it.

Sorry for the confusion

However a question ? are the audio warning profile box sizes fixed (vert and horiz) ?
I thought I understood at Flyer presentation that the box sizes were user configurable but I can't see any set up input ?

It is the Mode C/S vertical and horizontal limits that are variable and the are change on the config page.

The ADSB and P3I (that is signals with an accompanying GPS bearing) profiles are fixed and cannot be changed.

Thanks for the feedback

Keith