Author Topic: Shipping time?  (Read 5218 times)

Tiger

Shipping time?
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:53:51 am »
Orded my classic kit on Monday but no sign of it yet or any shipping notification. Looking forward to using it of course, and when one is used to getting free next day shipping on most things these days,  paying over £8 gives you high hopes!

Admin

Re: Shipping time?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 10:08:12 am »
Just seen this on the PilotAwareHardware.com site

http://pilotawarehardware.com/delivery/

Delivery.

PilotAware Classic is delivered Royal Mail Special Delivery so that it is insured and tracked.
Delivery timescales are next working day from the despatch date and we despatch one or twice a week so expect your unit to be with you in 3 working days. This costs £8.25 for the postage and packing costs.

DaveStyles

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:32:10 am »
Hi Tiger,

I'm sure it's on it's way, I'll check with the despatch department.
It's £8.25 because it's special delivery as it's insured for £200, and Special Delivery is the only way to do that.
Of course we could just add £8 onto the price and send it free delivery ;-)

I'll update our policy to make it clearer, I suppose it very much depends which day you order on and then which day we dispatch on synchronising favourably. Sorry it's not worked out well.

cheers

Dave.

Tiger

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:51:27 am »
Thanks, appreciate it!

Fingers cross it's here for the weekend... ;)

James

Arcticash

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 02:55:35 pm »
I ordered last Friday and i'm still waiting patiently! although all my other cheap bits of eBay arrived Monday & Tuesday, was expecting it to be the other way around!

Hopefully wont be much longer ;)

Tiger

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:00:59 pm »
Looks like mine was just despatched today. Perhaps in future the store can have pre tested and ready to go kits in stock ready to go. These days the expectation is that stuff marked as 'in stock' is generally send out the same or next working day.

Hopefully yours is on the way too Arcticash!

Arcticash

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 03:23:00 pm »
I have also received a "Order Completed" email today, so i'm assuming this means the items has been dispatched, interesting use of the term completed!

exfirepro

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 04:19:57 am »
Hi Guys,

Please be aware that although very professional, the guys are not running PilotAware as a major money-making organisation with massive numbers of orders, but rather as a small, low cost, low (very low!!!) profit project to support general aviation. They insist that everything is fully checked and tested before dispatch to avoid disappointment later. Unlike bigger organisations they don't have a carrier calling to collect masses of orders every day. Instead units are pre-assembled and checked, then orders are made up individually as they come in and taken to the post office at the next available opportunity - a couple of times a week or more depending on level of orders.

I do appreciate your frustration, especially in these days of 'instant' next day delivery, but please appreciate that the system works this way for our benefit as pilots and to keep costs down. A short wait is a small price to pay for dedicated development and support and a product well worth waiting for.

Best Regards

Peter
(Development Tester)

DaveStyles

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »
Looks like mine was just despatched today. Perhaps in future the store can have pre tested and ready to go kits in stock ready to go. These days the expectation is that stuff marked as 'in stock' is generally send out the same or next working day.

Hopefully yours is on the way too Arcticash!

They are always pre tested and ready to go when they are put on the website, we never put stuff on the website until it is sitting in the stock room.

I think we need to be very clear about our despatch policy. It does say on the website, but I think it's badly worded. Our despatch is done by part of what I call the cottage workforce as PAW hardware is a cottage industry.

I know at one point they were dropping off to the sorting office every day, I think they wait until they have 10 or 15 to take, so twice a week basically. We could ramp the price up, and I could employ someone for the office, and they could deal with dispatch too. Trying to avoid that.

You guys want to be thankful you're not waiting for a PPL(A).

I've been quoted 30 working days for mine to arrive, (yep, 6 weeks)
a friend was told 50 working days when he phoned.

I may not be current to take passengers in the shareoplane when it arrives !

Arcticash

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 04:23:21 pm »
Just to update you ... my bridge unit arrived today (yay)  ;D

All set up and working, great piece of kit!

I understand that this isn't run as a "business" but maybe as an idea to keep future customers happy, add a note in the confirmation email that orders may take a week to arrive as I can see the postage label on the parcel was printed yesterday meaning that it was actually in transit less than 24 hours, so was a pretty quick delivery which justifies the shipping charge, its just a shame it took 6 days for the parcel to make it to the post office, maybe worth looking into what a low cost courier would actually charge to collect parcels from your address as i'm sure myHermes collect the parcel and deliver it within 3 days for less and £5 which although its a much slower delivery, it would reduces the waiting time before orders are sent out!

Anyway, I've got it now and its a great piece of kit, please don't take this message the wrong way, I am actually also waiting for the CAA to tell me that ive put a capital letter in the wrong place on my PPL(A) application form so know what you're going through!

Keep up the good work  ;)

Tiger

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 09:33:18 pm »
Dave, Peter

Thanks for your messages and I completely understand. I hope that my message wasn't taken as any sort of complaint, but rather as from someone excited to get their new gadget!

My unit is waiting for me at the local post office delivery depot and looking forward to picking it up.

Cheers
James