Author Topic: lost wifi paw no longer found  (Read 10598 times)

Sean McDonald

Re: lost wifi paw no longer found
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 04:01:56 pm »
I haven't used PAW in the air as yet, only via tablet and pc. I can see the issue from both sides some lack of clarity from the text and the possibility of obstructing map features behind it.

Would it be possible I wonder to have either
a) the text in higher contrast if the alert is within a distance set by the user dependent on individual needs and/or
b) the text alternates on and off, say on for 2 secs and off for 2

The latter may be too confusing I suppose but personally I don't think I'll be too bothered by the reg of the plane I haven't become visual with yet and which is getting closer.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:36:19 pm by Sean McDonald »

exfirepro

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 07:02:01 pm »
Hi Paul / Sean,

Got a 'new' Beta from SkyDemon this morning, so begged leave of absence from my Missus from house-clearing for a couple of hours  (father-in-law has moved into a care home) and went testing (albeit on the ground near Edinburgh Airport). Display of aircraft in the new version of SkyDemon is SIGNIFICANTLY better. Relative altitude now takes 'priority' position and is much bigger and bolder. To maintain a balance, Aircraft Reg / Callsign has been moved 'below' the relative altitude and is slightly smaller, but still readable. New version should hopefully be released later this week.

Regards

Peter

Sean McDonald

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 07:34:21 am »
Thanks Peter,

Sounds good.

Sean

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2016, 12:12:48 pm »
Used the new version of Sky Demon for a flight yesterday, and yes, the large numbers are significantly better.

A bit better contrast with the background would be even better still!  ;D

exfirepro

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 09:16:25 pm »
Hi Paul,

You can also increase the size further (up to 1.4x) in flight only, unfortunately (unless anyone knows diferent) by going to 'Setup/Instruments/Text Size' from the SkyDemon icon, though this also increases the size of the compass rose and altitude/ground speed, etc. boxes - which unfortunately obscures more of the map. Personally I haven't found this necessary since trial long the new version. I can aways ask Tim to revisit, but let's give this version a chance first.

Regards

Peter

grahambaker

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 08:15:44 am »
On the iOS version text size is adjusted by touching the 'Mapping' symbol bottom right of the screen. At the foot of the pop up there in a gadget to allow you to control text size. This works on the traffic labels as well as background text, and is available in both planning and mapping modes.

exfirepro

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 07:03:40 pm »
Must have missed that option. Thanks for that Graham.  ;)

Regards

Peter