Author Topic: All a bit confusing - Any Help Please?  (Read 6942 times)

N6010Y

All a bit confusing - Any Help Please?
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:59:39 am »
Hi Folks,

I've been away for a few weeks and returned to the great news about PilotAware upgrades etc, but I'm a tad confused about getting the various discounts etc.

I produced 2 PilotAware units (one for my own aircraft and another where I have a share).  The first unit produced was the very basic self-soldering jobwith the various boards and altimeter chips etc. (that still works perfectly), and the second used the ARF plug and play board - both based on the Pi B+ Board etc.

Due to the various issues with wi-fi dongles we had (we all remember these), I have a number of wi-fi access codes supplied, and I 'think' I have recorded somewhere the codes I actually use.

Now to the questions:

1.  What code is required to obtain the upgrade discount - the wi-fi dongle code or the license number?
2.  Where can I find these codes?
3.  Can I get more than one discount as I manufactured and use 2 units?
4.  Do I really have to return the old kit as we use these units on a regular basis?
5.  If I do need to return the old kit, what's the turnaround time?

Any help and clarity much appreciated.

Thanks

Hugh

DaveStyles

Re: All a bit confusing - Any Help Please?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:38:48 am »
Hi Hugh,

Presuming they were built with ARF before the announcement to not use the ARF and that they were registered before then as well.

That was October 15th 2015

I'll try to be concise

1. The license codes
2. In the configure page on your units. You'll have to have entered them for them to run.
3. Yes
4. Just send us the ARF boards. These are useless and you'll not be using them we presume. It is a discount against these boards. It is not a "return", we don't have your money! It is instead a discount as a thankyou for being an early supporter and helping with testing.
5. We are shipping from stock now, the post office picks up twice a week, so turnaround depends which day we receive them, how quickly you pay the invoice we'll send you, and if it's just before a weekend !

Send us your 2xARF boards, and license keys and get the discount against 2 Bridges or Complete units.

Remember you need Pi2 's for the latest features. If you have B+'s you may want to replace these.
GPS is now included in the full kit.

This may be instrumental on whether you decide on the discount from Bridges or Full kits.

Let us know whether you want the discount from a Bridges, full kits or one of each.

Do read Keith's announcements in latest news, ESPECIALLY about the one time offer of a free license as you may want to upgrade your Pi's.

hope this helps

David Styles
PilotAware Hardware.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:59:38 pm by DaveStyles »

Richard W

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:11:33 pm »
I obtained two license codes keyed to the Pi MAC addresses of my two beta PAWs, to replace the previous ones, keyed to the WiFi addresses.  Are these the one-time use complimentary license codes referred to in Keith's "Even more good news" message of May 18?  I obtained, and used, my new codes on May 12 and May 13, before the warning on May 18.  I would like to upgrade one of my PAWs to a Pi 2B, does this mean I have to pay another £15?

Keithvinning

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:51:22 pm »
Unfortunately yes

Keith

Keithvinning

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 08:29:32 pm »
I obtained two license codes keyed to the Pi MAC addresses of my two beta PAWs, to replace the previous ones, keyed to the WiFi addresses.  Are these the one-time use complimentary license codes referred to in Keith's "Even more good news" message of May 18?  I obtained, and used, my new codes on May 12 and May 13, before the warning on May 18.  I would like to upgrade one of my PAWs to a Pi 2B, does this mean I have to pay another £15?

Hi Richard

So that I am clear on your position

Are you part of the ARF discount scheme whereby if you sent your wireless things ARF radio units back to Aviation Technology and Hardware before 6th June you had a discount off a new Bridge or a complete PilotAware Classic unit. or

Have you bought a new Bridge(s)

Regards

Keith

Richard W

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 01:55:15 am »
Yes, I sent two ARFs back, for discount on two bridges. However, as preparation I downloaded new software to my PAWs, only to find that my license codes were no longer valid. So I obtained new license codes keyed to the Pi MAC addresses, on May 12 and 13, before I had the bridges, and before the offer to be able to license a Pi 2B, made on May 18. If I had known that the offer was going to be made, I would have obtained a Pi 2B before requesting one of the licences.

AlanG

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 09:50:43 am »
Hi Richard

Keith will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe if you don't use the licence key that comes with your bridges until you now obtain  one or two Pi2Bs you will be able to use one or both of those to licence the new boards.  I had a similar situation as I purchased my Pi2Bs after the May 18 cut off and initially used 28 day temp licences as ADSB only units until my bridges arrived.

Regards
Alan

Admin

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 11:18:25 am »
Hi Richard,

AlanG is correct, you would have received 2 serial codes with the ARF Upgrade Bridges which you are yet to redeem ?
So you can redeem these against the Pi2B

Thx
Lee

Richard W

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 11:57:59 pm »
Thanks, that sounds encouraging.  How are these codes delivered?. I received two boxes each containing a bridge, some polystyrene worms, but no paperwork.

DaveStyles

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 12:25:12 am »
Hi Richard,

the Bridges have their unique serial codes on them on a sticker, which is used to obtain the license from the licensing portal.

Dave.

Richard W

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 12:29:44 am »
Hi Dave,

Thanks, understood, will now order a Pi 2B

Richard

gvpsj

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 08:32:32 am »
Ah did not realise that before building the electronic gubbins into a metal box! Will have to dig it out to get the number :-(