Author Topic: PilotAware Out and About  (Read 3878 times)

Keithvinning

PilotAware Out and About
« on: June 08, 2016, 11:52:54 am »
Now that there are literally hundreds of PilotAware units that have been delivered from Pilotawarehardware.com. It time to get out and use them. However the airspace over the UK is still a big place to go looking for other users. How about we use this thread to let others know where we are going so that us like minded Pilots Aware can See and be Seen by lots of others.

Now I am not advocating aerial train spotting, unless you are into that thing but it would be good if we knew that we were going somewhere where us birds of a feather can flock together to spot PilotAware and ADSB targets.

Obviously the main events will look after themselves, however what about the smaller ones wings and wheels etc where we could give them support and have a reason to fly somewhere.

For example there is a competitions fly in at Fenland this Saturday 11th June and a wings and wheels at Wellesbourne on 19th June

You could even rig up a base station "come on down"

I am sure that you will have other barbecues fly ins etc that will suit locally so use this thread to let us all whats going on and just as importantly what went on.

Fly Safe See and be Seen PilotAware

Keith

exfirepro

Re: PilotAware Out and About
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:09:48 pm »
Great idea Keith'

I did Fly the Tyne 2 weeks ago but No PAWs and Oban (Conell Flying Club) BBQ last Saturday - again No PAWs (or at least none seen by me.

It's beginning to get lonely up here! Did manage to 'fly the flag' by demo'ing (is that a real word?) my setup to a few pilots though.

Roll on the numbers!

Regards

Peter

JCurtis

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 11:20:45 pm »
If my unit arrives before the weekend I'll setup a base station in the Office in Cambridge, might see someone heading to/from Fenland as they pass by.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

DaveStyles

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 05:20:59 pm »
Jeremy, It's guaranteed by 1pm tomorrow.
Have fun !

DavidC

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »
It's arrived!

I could get quite excited about this. Hope it doesn't blow up like the ARF after a few uses.

I'll be flying Gloucester to Fairoaks tomorrow afternoon, then onto France at the weekend.
I'm assuming it's legal throughout Europe, although I don't expect to see anything apart from airliners once over the Channel.

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:57:25 pm »
And Mode S of course !!  :) :)

Regards

Peter