Author Topic: Ground Station  (Read 171270 times)

JCurtis

Re: Ground Station
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2016, 06:55:52 pm »
I think I must have a faulty Bridge.....I didn't pick you up at all.....I have tried various antennas and different aircraft.....So I don't think I'm swamping the input stage with noise....I will have to see what the guys at Hardware think ?

I presume my TX is OK, although of those I have seen fly-by no-one has taken up the offer of a discount if they let me have my base station name.  So they either aren't on the forum or are not interested....
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

exfirepro

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2016, 07:03:59 pm »
That of course is the other possibility Jeremy - I mean your TX being faulty, not nobody being interested in your offer. More likely to be Brinsley's receiver though as he says he has done several tests with similar results.

Peter

JCurtis

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2016, 07:18:08 pm »
That of course is the other possibility Jeremy - I mean your TX being faulty, not nobody being interested in your offer. More likely to be Brinsley's receiver though as he says he has done several tests with similar results.

Peter

I see a TX of some kind on a spectrum analyser and RF power meter, so it does transmit something....

The base station is on most of the time so will have to wait and see who passes by next..
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

brinzlee

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2016, 07:34:52 pm »
Will have to reposition my antenna and boost the reception a little !!

DaveStyles

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2016, 08:07:16 pm »
Hi Brinsley,
let's swap your Bridge, that will eliminate that from the equation at least. Something isn't right is it ?
Could you send it back to the returns address in Ely and we'll get another one out to you.

regards

David Styles.

brinzlee

« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »
Thanks David.....I could give all you guys a big cuddle....I'll pop it in the post tomorrow

EricC

« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2016, 08:53:45 pm »
Only 19 PAW RX Today.

bnmont

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2016, 06:14:42 pm »
Hi Jeremy, I drove down the A14 today at approx 6am and returned at 5.40pm had PAW on all the time. No sign of your unit.
When set as a base station does PAW transmit?

Brian

Admin

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2016, 06:24:48 pm »
Hi Jeremy, I drove down the A14 today at approx 6am and returned at 5.40pm had PAW on all the time. No sign of your unit.
Brian

Hi Brian,
Unless you get a good line of sight - you will not get any transmission propagation at these frequencies, this is why TV Aerials go on top of roofs  ;)
I can get about 0.5km in a built up area where there are lots of buildings, radio waves at this frequency have no penetration whatsoever - you canny change the laws of physics cap'n
luckily, for the intended use of PilotAware - we get pretty good Line of Sight  ;D

JCurtis

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2016, 06:36:24 pm »

Brian

Well it wasn't on at 6am, it was at 5.40pm but as Lee says I doubt you would pick me up.  There is quite a bit between the A14 and me, my elevation is only about 50' and I believe the A14 is lower in a cutting as is passes North of Cambridge.

The nearest VRP for me is the A14/A10 junction, but that is about 1/3 of a mile away.  No good on the ground but fine for in the air.  You'll have to come by whilst airborne.

My total for the day is 0 so far.

bnmont

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2016, 07:15:45 pm »
To windy for me this weekend! :(

Brian

EricC

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »
Base Station running on update:-     20160708.

No PAW Rx today, very poor Wx.

bnmont

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2016, 11:29:22 am »
Just managed to get the post processor running.
Several PAW hits. Ranging from 1Km to 12Km which I think is pretty good from my std setup sat running indoors by a window.

JCurtis

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2016, 12:30:45 pm »
Several PAW hits. Ranging from 1Km to 12Km which I think is pretty good from my std setup sat running indoors by a window.

Interesting, I've picked up two of those, furthest was 16km.

Admin

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2016, 12:53:29 pm »
BTW, that 8 digit PAW ID #76CC6280# is a bug  ::)
Fixed in the 20160708 release.

I think its almost time to have a server running somewhere and feed this data directly.
I am in contact with FR24 about a feed-in, but cannot progress this with them till October

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:56:02 pm by Admin »