Author Topic: SOLVED! - GroupID  (Read 6118 times)

the_doc

SOLVED! - GroupID
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:32:23 am »
Simple 1 minute question:

I've worked out and configured the HexId, and out the aircraft Reg in the FlightID (I presume that is correct).

What is the GroupID for?  Mine is configured as PAWgroup I think, I have refrained from altering it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:25:36 pm by Admin »

exfirepro

Re: GroupID
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 01:46:39 pm »
Used to 'link' a group of aircraft flying together. Default is PAWGRP, but if you put in your own Group ID in [Config] all aircraft with the same group ID 'Saved' in their PAW Config will appear with '#' brackets on screen - e.g. #GABCD#, #GXXXX#, etc so you can keep track of your group more easily in flight - good eh!

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:59:29 pm by exfirepro »

the_doc

Re: SOLVED! - GroupID
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:44:29 pm »
That's useful to know, many thanks.

peastlake

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:29 am »
I was going to use the obvious "FLYUK" on Fly-Uk next week. Any other participants PAW equipped?

DaveStyles

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 07:47:35 am »
Hi Paul,

it's become apparent that not all users are on this forum ! (as I get support request emails from people not on the forum that don't want to register)

It might be a good idea to drop FlyUk a line and ask them to put this out, that if you have a PAW use the group id FLYUK and you'll be able to spot eachother easily in the air.

If the event has an "official" group id, then you'll have plenty of chance of spotting them.

Dave.

bnmont

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 08:23:34 pm »
I'm lending my Classic to Pete Goff for the FLYUK event.