Author Topic: My Pilot Aware arrived today  (Read 11935 times)

Deker

My Pilot Aware arrived today
« on: May 17, 2016, 01:09:49 pm »
On the day promised, at 10:30AM, it is in my hands.
5 Minutes later, plugged in and configured with the licence key, everything up an running.
To call it a "'kit" is an injustice, this is a ready to go, finished product.

An absolute massive achievement by the PA team and long may it continue.
May the GA masses follow us.

ATB
Derek

Keithvinning

Re: My Pilot Aware arrived today
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:12:35 pm »
Deker

Thanks for your support

Keith Lee and Dave

Chris Parsons

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:56:43 pm »
Me too - and I was also up and running in 10 minutes, magnificent job, 10/10, congratulations and
very well done for all the effort put in by all the participants

Chris Parsons

Keithvinning

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 03:59:09 pm »
To call it a "'kit" is an injustice, this is a ready to go, finished product.

Perhaps we should stop calling it a kit

Admin

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:02:57 pm »
it would be great to see some screen shots posted if you get the chance

Tony Crome

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:24:42 pm »
Mine up and running in 10 mins too ! Many thanks.

Just a word for others - be careful when  unpacking. In my excitement I didn't notice the wifi dongle loose in the box, nearly threw it away..

PaulB

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 05:37:17 pm »
I don't know whether I have some paperwork missing, but I only have a Quick Start Guide.  The QSG mentions nothing about licence keys, nor how to connect to the internal webserver.  However I guessed that the address would be 192.168.1.1 which seems to work but tells me that the licence key is expired.  (the boxes for it are all zero.

What have I done wrong?  I can'r immediately see any more paperwork and there's nothing on the emails that I received to help me

Paul

gvpsj

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 05:42:50 pm »
Maybe turn the page over?

DaveStyles

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 05:48:14 pm »
I don't know whether I have some paperwork missing, but I only have a Quick Start Guide.  The QSG mentions nothing about licence keys, nor how to connect to the internal webserver.  However I guessed that the address would be 192.168.1.1 which seems to work but tells me that the licence key is expired.  (the boxes for it are all zero.

What have I done wrong?  I can'r immediately see any more paperwork and there's nothing on the emails that I received to help me

Paul

Paul,

Do you have a double sided quick start guide as here.....

http://pilotawarehardware.com/dl/QuickStart.pdf

Hopefully you do, but this might explain it if not.
I shall discuss QA with our packer if not. ;-)

PS. Email sent.

David Styles
PilotAware Hardware.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:53:22 pm by DaveStyles »

PaulB

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 06:12:33 pm »
My QSG only had one side which explains my confusion.  Thanks for the superfast response.... PAW now working with Skydemon.

rcalvert

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 07:02:41 pm »
I concur with the comments above. 10 mins setup and it's all working. :-)

I'll be adding a Battery pack and putting it in some kind of enclosure then it'll be in the aircraft for out group members to use.

Thanks

Keithvinning

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 07:27:39 pm »
Hi Bob

I am assuming its Bob. Good to see you got it working in a trice. I would get a battery pack as this provides a nice continuous supply. Thats why I do in the Sportscruiser and it works very well gets about 5 hours duration.

Keith

francoisvl

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 08:00:20 pm »
I also got mine set up and working pretty quickly. Amazing job. Now sitting at my desk looking at all the traffic around Oxford. Cannot wait to get this out into the sky... if only the rental was not away for the week! Maybe I can con my brother into taking me up as a passenger so that I can test this on Sunday... May win him over too!

PaulB

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 08:49:48 pm »
Maybe I can con my brother into taking me up as a passenger so that I can test this on Sunday... May win him over too!

Bone idée!  The more the merrier!

the_doc

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 11:23:12 pm »
Mine arrived too!!  Many thanks to the team, set up and running within 10 minutes or so.

I don't wish to cause any offence to anyone, as I can only guess how hard you have all worked to get this far, but I would suggest the operational manual needs to be put online as quickly as possible, as I fear newcomers may be confused or put off even, whereas us beta testers know more about the setup and config I suppose.

I was just reflecting that it would be a real shame if some potential newcomers were put off as it was "too technical" or "doesn't work" and such incorrect perceptions started going round.

How about some video demos in the scheme of things later?

Anyone stuck near the North Wales or Chester area, give me a shout and I'll do my best to arrange a meet up and get you running. I think with any luck all existing users and testers will do their best to promote and help newcomers to the device.

Looking forward to using it with Project Propeller!