Author Topic: Buying a pilot aware unit  (Read 3792 times)

Annep

Buying a pilot aware unit
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:39:38 pm »
Is there any news on when it will be possible to buy a unit?

I think we just need another wifi dongle to make our unit work again, but not sure whether our high usage of wifi dongles is because of our ARF board, but thought we would just wait til we could buy a working unit. Keen to be up and working for when the weather settles down.............

thanks

Anne

DaveStyles

Re: Buying a pilot aware unit
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:10:01 pm »
Hi,

I think as others have commented, the delay is in ensuring the PilotAware Bridge that supplies the radio comms and barometer has the required full air to air testing as well as the full testing to be CE marked. This is being done properly as we will each potentially be carrying a transmitter with a 20km range.

Our timescale has admittedly slipped a bit due to the wettest and cloudiest winter on record, so all I can do is assure you that they will be available from www.pilotAwareHardware.com as soon as possible.

The advantage will be that the units will come tested, with software installed and under warranty.
I'm sure don't need to repeat that it's worth getting your name on the list at PilotAwareHardware.com
(but I will anyway) for the introductory price.

We have an infrastructure in place to manufacture, test and deliver PilotAware, so as soon as we have signed off the PilotAware Bridge, we can announce a date, and there won't be a supply problem.
So rest assured, as soon as we have that date, so will you, and it is still looking like weeks rather than months.

Robski

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 04:05:08 pm »
Just want to confirm whether the bridge will be available on its own for those of us who have already built a PAW?

I think I've signed up for that option! It's been a while, but I do understand why!
Rob
If the good Lord had intended man to fly He would have given him more money.

DaveStyles

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:11:53 pm »
At last, an easy to answer question.

Yes, the bridge will definitely be available on it's own for those that already have the rest of the hardware.