Author Topic: Been away and now back and lost!  (Read 3002 times)

Wadoadi

Been away and now back and lost!
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:39:41 pm »
Hi All,
      I have been out of the loop for a while with holidays and working away too, but I'm back now and struggling to put some of the things i'm reading into any sort of sense!

I was trying to see if the range issue with the radio board has been fixed, but could not find the thread, but found a thread talking about a new radio but i can't find details of it, cost and where to buy it...

also another thread talks about a buy back on the old radio's is this operated by the supplier? I have two of the JCurtis boards will they accept the radio back if it has been soldered in or are they taking back the whole thing?

Anyone point me at any information on this please?

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Been away and now back and lost!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:06:30 pm »
There will be a new radio board out around March time. You can get it from here:

http://www.pilotawarehardware.com/

At the moment it's just a case of putting your name down to express an interest while the new board undergoes certification tests and finalisation. The old ARF isn't going to be used any more and isn't compatible. If you bought it before the "state of the nation" address there will be a buy back, not from the manufacturer, but from the manufacturer of the new board. The details haven't been ironed out yet I don't believe.

Wadoadi

Re: Been away and now back and lost!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:25:12 pm »
Ok thanks, yes I got two boards before it was announced...

I guess they could not resolve e the range issue of the AFR?

Thank you for the update.