Author Topic: Flyer live show - Telford.  (Read 4368 times)

r_w_walker

Flyer live show - Telford.
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:40:30 pm »
I am taking my PilotAware unit with me to Telford.

It is an original Build with the ARF transceiver modified to get rid of the pigtail and include the Baro.

Works great sat on my window ledge picking up commercial Traffic.

Bit remote here so not yet had chance to fly near some other units to see if the ARF is working.

I know Lee tested some units at the LAA rally but he could be inundated this time.

Would be good if other units were in the area so that we might see each other.

Can 4 working PAW be placed in the corners of the venue so that we can try our units?

I am planning on having the unit switched on in the car on the way to Telford, I know buildings and trees are in the way but I might get lucky and pick up the transmission from another unit.

Bob.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:44:27 pm by r_w_walker »
South Moor Farm
Guest accommodation and airstrip.
www.southmoorfarm.co.uk. hi@southmoorfarm.co.uk
01751 460285

FERRYAIR

Re: Flyer live show - Telford.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:47:01 pm »
r_w_walker I'm planning to have mine with me on my way from Edinburgh to Telford for The Flyer Show 😄

If mine shows up I will either be in the Air moving down the country at a fairly slow rate or belting down the motorway at Warpspeed. I still haven't worked out how to Hex Code my unit, it would be good to get mine sorted as it would then tally with the Mode S emissions my Transponder throws out.

I am taking my PilotAware unit with me to Telford.

It is an original Build with the ARF transceiver modified to get rid of the pigtail and include the Baro.

Works great sat on my window ledge picking up commercial Traffic.

Bit remote here so not yet had chance to fly near some other units to see if the ARF is working.

I know Lee tested some units at the LAA rally but he could be inundated this time.

Would be good if other units were in the area so that we might see each other.

Can 4 working PAW be placed in the corners of the venue so that we can try our units?

I am planning on having the unit switched on in the car on the way to Telford, I know buildings and trees are in the way but I might get lucky and pick up the transmission from another unit.

Bob.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:01:58 pm »
I love the idea of us all driving in, getting traffic warnings from other cars!  :)

ianfallon

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 02:02:28 pm »
I still haven't worked out how to Hex Code my unit, it would be good to get mine sorted

All in the software / installation guide ...

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,231.0.html

The Westmorland Flyer

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »
I'll be there on the Saturday from 11:00 and I'm happy to bring both my PAWs along if required.
John
G-JONL, Sportcruiser, Carlisle