Author Topic: PAW WiFi no longer available  (Read 1303 times)

Beep

PAW WiFi no longer available
« on: October 30, 2023, 07:42:34 pm »
My PAW has always worked perfectly. After a stopover (lunch) in Aosta, the PAW WiFi was no longer available.
All attempts to restart and reconnect were unsuccessful.  :-\
I continued testing at home. A constant red light and a green light sometimes flashing. Connected to screen via HDMI. The start-up sequence shows no error. It loads up to the login prompt.
I even ordered your recommended micro-USB power cable and tried it with different power sources. It doesn't work any better with a original Anker powerbank. There is still no PAW WiFi available.

Is the PI's WiFi defective? Is such a problem known? Do I have to replace the PI now?
Thank you for your support.

agbourne

Re: PAW WiFi no longer available
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 07:51:50 pm »
I'd certainly start with the WiFi dongle.
Try reinserting it - or even try a different USB port on the Pi.
Have you tried using a different client device - like a different tablet or phone or even laptop?

steveu

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 08:47:08 pm »
Is it a Classic or a Rosetta?

If a Rosetta, then the main Wifi is integral and the dongle is for iGRid.

If the other USB device, the SDR, is getting hot, switch off, unplug it and start without it.

Same with the GPS.

One solution to try after all the ones above is to get another SD card, put a fresh version of the operating system on it and reinstall.

Keep the original card safe in case this is not the answer.

Beep

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 12:51:26 pm »
Thank you. Yes, it is a Rosetta.
I have now tried and individually unplugged SDR, GPS and also iGRid and restarted. Same result, no WiFi appeared.
I will reinstall another SD card in the next few days and try again.

Beep

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 10:35:24 pm »
I was not patient and played around with the original SD card. After a short time I had messed up the partitions... ::) :o
So I had to download the latest PilotAware software image from you and reinstall it.
After the first start (it took a long time as it was installing itself), the WIFI suddenly worked again and I was able to connect.

I have no idea why the WIFI was suddenly causing problems before the reinstallation.
Anyway, it's working again now.  8) Thanks and regards