Author Topic: Igrid with Sim enabled android Tablet  (Read 1018 times)

Ikarusc42

Igrid with Sim enabled android Tablet
« on: September 20, 2023, 03:10:38 pm »
I have previously tried to use Igrid with an android phone and Wifi only Samsung Tab 3 tablet , it all connected up ok but I could never get PAW to work consistently. Im not sure if I was not connecting the 'network' in the right order. I have updated the Tablet to a Sim enabled Samsung A7 lite.
If PAW is connected to the tablet can i use the tablet GSM connection?.
If the GSM on the tablet can not be used does it need to be disabled?
If i need to use the phone as a hotspot can the Tablet and Igrid be connected to the hotspot at the same time?
What order does the network need to be connected, i.e tablet to paw then paw to hotspot?
Thanks in anticipation of a simple answer  :-\

colled

Re: Igrid with Sim enabled android Tablet
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 04:14:05 pm »
AFAIK it needs the separate hotspot from another device, but please correct me of wrong as I'd also like to do this.
PAW provides a wifi connection to the tablet for the radar display / Skydemon traffic etc. The tablet cannot provide a hotspot at the same time as connecting to the PAW wifi.

Admin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 09:51:32 pm »
Paw can act as a client and a server simultaneously

The restrictions of your cellular device are unrelated
Some devices can act simultaneously as a hotspot to give internet access AND connect to paw as a client, but some devices cannot

Paw has no restriction on the order the connection is made, again may be a restriction on your cellular device

Thx
Lee

Ikarusc42

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 12:16:41 pm »
If PAW is already connected to the Tablet/Internet via the IGRID WIFI dongle , could PAW not also use the IGRID WIFI dongle for transfer of data to SD?