Author Topic: Pilotaware Downloading  (Read 4124 times)

FERRYAIR

Pilotaware Downloading
« on: November 06, 2015, 11:08:46 pm »
I had my Pilotaware unit supplied with PilotAware Release 20151018 as it's latest download.

Is it essential to download every update or can you miss out a few?  The 030 update is about TRT 800 so if I am not using a TRT 800 do I need to upload the update?

Not trying to cut corners, more a case of " if I try uploading anything it ends up buggered "

Ian Melville

Re: Pilotaware Downloading
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 08:06:00 am »
If it ain't broke don't fix it :)
Though Lee may have included other improvements in the code without advertising the fact. I would still upgrade at some point to keep abreast of the changes.

Why not get a spare SD card and put the new build on that? Swap the card and see if you are happy with it. If not swap back.

Admin

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 10:19:38 am »
I would recommend the spare sd card approach.
I run a lot of tests before releasing, but there are a variety of combinations of component parts and nav tools, this creates an N squared testing problem which is difficult to contain
Thx
Lee

the_top_pilot

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 03:57:12 pm »
The Spare SD Card is the answer.

I upgraded to ******30 version last week, it was causing no end of issues so I swapped the cards back to ******18 sweet as.

I have 3 cards per unit . One in the PilotAware, the last version in a holder inside the Pilot Aware and the 3rd in a folder formatted and ready to load the latest version on.

Steve