Author Topic: New software  (Read 968 times)

Dave jones

New software
« on: June 09, 2022, 09:11:48 pm »
I’ve downloaded the new software okay. However my iPhone 8 won’t link to the Rosetta. No extra network menu. I’ve followed the instructions as per notes. Enabled the mobile data and personal hotspot options and disabled airplane mode. I’m not sure how to pair the Rosetta to my phone. Once you’ve chosen a password how do you confirm it as mentioned in the notes. Any help from the forum greatly appreciated.

exfirepro

Re: New software
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 10:32:18 pm »
Hi Dave,

I’m guessing you haven’t fully understood the requirements for iGRID (see here - https://www.pilotaware.com/knowledgebase/20220531-software-release ).

The 2nd Network option to add GSM to your setup ONLY appears (automatically) when you plug the correct additional WiFi dongle (known as the iGRID Connection Module) into one of your ‘spare’ USB Ports on your Rosetta or PAW Classic. The correct dongles were available through the PilotAware Store, but are currently sold out. You can use a WiFi dongle from an old PAW Classic if you have one, but don’t be tempted to buy a random dongle off the internet. If it doesn’t have the correct chipset, it WON’T work - and there are lots of fakes out there. Best to ‘Sign up for stock alerts’ via the button on the Store Page.

Regards
Peter

Dave jones

Re: New software
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 10:48:05 pm »
Many thanks Peter. I have ordered the correct dongle from the Pilotaware store before they sold out and they sent me a confirmation email on Saturday. Still have not had a tracking number or date for delivery. I must have been using a duff dongle which I happened to have at home. It was marked as 802.11n. Thank you again for your help.
Dave