Author Topic: SkyDemon for PC - vertical separation settings  (Read 3174 times)

Charles Scott

SkyDemon for PC - vertical separation settings
« on: November 01, 2015, 10:54:58 am »
Hi, after a couple of false starts I have Pilot Aware running and I'm very impressed and wish to evangelise at my local strut about it.

I'm using SkyDemon for PC on a 7" Windows 8.1 tablet (HP Stream 7, $99!). No GPS or anything on the tablet itself and the PAW makes it very usable, particularly as the screen is bright enough to read in bright daylight. I'm sitting watching it showing our local Microlight instructor buzz round the local area squawking 7000 as they go.

So my question is that on my iPad version of SkyDemon I can set the vertical separation limits under "Settings> Navigation Options > Other Traffic > Show Within Vertically" and see all the scheduled traffic. Does anyone know where I can find this option within the PC version so that I can demonstrate this at my local strut meeting tomorrow night when there is no GA flying?

Admin

Re: SkyDemon for PC - vertical separation settings
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 11:38:35 am »
Hi

Someone else has posted the solution, you may have to search the forum.
I think you save your settings to the cloud from your mobile device,
Then retrieve the settings on the PC

Th
Lee

Charles Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 02:00:52 pm »
Thanks Lee, I did search, but can't have been as thorough as I should have been. I will look again.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 02:46:49 pm »
Thanks Lee, I did search, but can't have been as thorough as I should have been. I will look again.

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,115.msg1650.html#msg1650

Charles Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:04:50 pm »
That worked thanks. It took a few goes as the menus are a little fiddly on a 7" tablet and the PC version gives you no indication that it is/has loading settings, but I'm now watching the EasyJet flight to Aberdeen flying overhead.  :)