Author Topic: Runway HD not loading on iPad.  (Read 4273 times)

r_w_walker

Runway HD not loading on iPad.
« on: October 30, 2015, 10:57:26 pm »
Runway HD will not load on my iPad. Suggests loading earlier version but that will not load either!
Cannot load iOS 7.1 on my iPad. Latest is iOS 5.1.1!
Is there an older version of Runway HD which will work on iOS 5.1.1?

This inexpensive project will become expensive if I need a new iPad.

Please can you specify operating system requirements in the next construction manual.

SkyDemon will not load either.

PilotAware does work on my iPhone but I need a bigger screen, hence trying to use ipad.
South Moor Farm
Guest accommodation and airstrip.
www.southmoorfarm.co.uk. hi@southmoorfarm.co.uk
01751 460285

Admin

Re: Runway HD not loading on iPad.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:19:13 pm »
Runway HD will not load on my iPad. Suggests loading earlier version but that will not load either!
Cannot load iOS 7.1 on my iPad. Latest is iOS 5.1.1!
Is there an older version of Runway HD which will work on iOS 5.1.1?

This inexpensive project will become expensive if I need a new iPad.

Please can you specify operating system requirements in the next construction manual.

SkyDemon will not load either.

PilotAware does work on my iPhone but I need a bigger screen, hence trying to use ipad.

Hmmm, these issues are with RunwayHD and SkyDemon ?
I have no control over these tools, so I am not sure what you would like me to put regarding
I presume you mean for SkyDemon and RunwayHD ?
PilotAware is independant of any OS, it is simply a Hotspot Resource.

Thx
Lee

r_w_walker

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:33:47 pm »
Thank you for the reply Lee, but I was hoping someone with an older iPad might be able to advise wether they have it working or not.

I appreciate your work on the PilotAware and realize that you cannot amend Runway HD software.

I do have a message waiting for the AirBox team for Monday.

Perhaps users could create a list of devices which will accept the PilotAware messages and display the contacts.

I would be happy with a simple display with a symbol( a green dot will do) for my aircraft in the middle and red dots for aircraft within 1000 feet vertically and within 5 miles radius. A red ring around my aircraft for any mode A or C transponder traffic would also be useful. There is a suggestion somewhere on the forum that a simple 5 inch screen with appropriate software could be used.

I can use PilotAware on my iPhone but have trouble seeing the small screen. Hence trying to use iPad.
South Moor Farm
01751 460285

r_w_walker

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 06:42:36 pm »
Surprise. AirBox responded today!

Quote;- Thank you for your email. I can confirm that RunwayHD does require iOS 7 or later in order to run on an iPad or iPhone.

Bad news for anyone like me with an old Apple device. I will not be buying anymore Apple products.

Apple seem to have a policy of forcing their customers to buy new ones.

I may have to stop buying AirBox products has well.

Now have I an old android device anywhere?
South Moor Farm
01751 460285