Author Topic: Positional Contacts Settings  (Read 1939 times)

turkeysneck

Positional Contacts Settings
« on: August 31, 2019, 06:04:59 pm »
I have just upgraded to the Rosetta and have configured it but I dont understand what settings I should put into the Positional contacts Settings, can someone advice me please.

Admin

Re: Positional Contacts Settings
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 09:29:43 pm »
Some systems such as skymap, do not have height/range filters
This allows pre filtering of the data sent to the efb

Skydemon has these filters in their own app

Thx
Lee

turkeysneck

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 09:53:16 pm »
Ok I'm using Skydemon but all I want to know is what do I actually select in the configuration page for the positional contact settings ? or do I just leave them alone.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 05:28:34 am »
Hi Darren,

Best advice (IMO) is to leave the Positional Contacts Settings as per default in PilotAware, so that it passes all available data to SkyDemon, and set your preferred +/- altitude in SkyDemon Navigation Settings.

Don’t forget to enable Mode CS (+ Filter where you have a transponder) and Mode-S/3D (to get the new Positional Mode-S when you are near OGN-R Ground Stations). You don’t need to have ‘Show Ground Stations’ enabled, but I like to see them - especially if flying in a new area. Also I suggest setting ‘Display Traffic Info’ to ‘Alternate’ - see why below *.

Check that you still have ‘Show Bearingless Targets’ ‘On’ in SkyDemon and you might want to re-enable ‘Show Callsigns’ as SD now sets these to ‘Off’ by default.

* If you have enabled ‘Display Traffic Info’ in PilotAware / Configure to ‘Alternate’ - and ‘Show Callsigns’ to ‘On’ in SD, - uplinked FLARM Traffic from a Ground Station will display as ‘G’ and uplinked Mode-S/3D will display with alternating Reg and ‘M’ (for MLAT), which helps clarify what you are ‘looking out’ for.

Best Regards

Peter

turkeysneck

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 07:05:41 pm »
Great thanks for that.