Author Topic: Piggy-Back Aircraft  (Read 3510 times)

Richard

Piggy-Back Aircraft
« on: October 18, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »
Some testing today has revealed may be a bug? but not sure.

I now have LAA approval to turn on the ADS-B from the Trig TT22 transponder. Some testing using pilotAware is made easy to confirm it is on when I get the ADS-B of my own aircraft on sky Demon with the aircraft reg displaying and not the HEX code.

Ok, to loose the piggy back aircraft of myself from Sky Demon the HEX code is added to the PilotAware under the settings. No Problem here. HEX add PAW re booted, re-check confirmation HEX is stored and correct YES.

I still have the piggy-back aircraft showing. Test flight also confirms.  The ADS-B of my aircraft is showing the aircraft reg and not the HEX, after re-checking the correct transponder setup inputs all are correct.

Is this because the Trig TT21 transmits the VFR reg and not the HEX so pilotAware thinks its another aircraft and can not filter it out?
Richard.
Europa XS

T67M

Re: Piggy-Back Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 07:21:08 pm »
Are you sure the hex code in the transponder exactly matches the hex code in the PAW? The aircraft I've tested so far (admittedly very limited testing) have transmitted both the hex code and the aircraft registration.

Richard

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 07:35:56 pm »
I see from your photo you have had the same problem. You should not see the piggy back aircraft. You also have it showing your aircraft Reg. This is not the problem at all, the problem is if you enter the HEX code into your PAW your piggy back aircraft of your self should not be seen by your PAW and not transmitted to your SD (you should be invisible to your self but not others.

I looked up your Reg I see you too are a fellow Europa Owner (I'm G-IRPW)

Have you entered your HEX code into your PAW? If so you have the same problem.

Richard
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:40:16 pm by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS

T67M

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 08:27:01 pm »
Nope - the Europa really was 0.2nm behind and 100' below - we were carrying out a stream takeoff, with me in the lead aircraft (G-BNSR, Slingsby Firefly T67M-MkII). The "piggyback" in my photos is just because the scale is so large and the separation so small.

Richard

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 08:30:25 pm »
Arrrrr... I see sorry. You have had a good first test today. I will investigate my setup a little more but I'm sure it's all correct.
Richard.
Europa XS