Author Topic: Traffic Not Seen on SD - Rosetta  (Read 8299 times)

exfirepro

Re: Traffic Not Seen on SD - Rosetta
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 02:50:57 pm »
Jerry,

Sorry - just missed you by a couple of minutes - please see my edited post above.

Best Regards

Peter

Jerry Palmer

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 05:27:24 pm »
Hi Peter

May thanks for explaining.  I will change the settings when I get home tonight (actually, about 0100!), and, if it’s not raining, I’ll take it outside and see what I can see, although even the London TMA will be quiet at that time, so might leave it until later tomorrow. In any case, I’ll let you know how I get on.  Thank you for your support.

Best wishes ...
Jeremy

exfirepro

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 06:39:38 pm »
You are most welcome  :)

Best Regards

Peter

Jerry Palmer

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 05:43:37 pm »
Hello Peter

I think we’re in business!  All appears to be working during ground test and, weather permitting, I’ll try it in the aircraft tomorrow (taking a pal along to help keep a good lookout and avoid img the obvious distraction).  Interestingly, the little SD Radar display on the iPad (lower right corner), does not appear when the Positional Contacts Setting, Horizontal Display Range is set to ‘Less Than 10km’.  Using ‘Less Than 20km’, enables the SD Radar display.

Thank you again for the excellent support, Peter.

Best wishes
Jerry

Admin

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 10:06:06 pm »
Interestingly, the little SD Radar display on the iPad (lower right corner), does not appear when the Positional Contacts Setting, Horizontal Display Range is set to ‘Less Than 10km’.  Using ‘Less Than 20km’, enables the SD Radar display.

This is unrelated Jerry, all that the setting in PilotAware does, is restrict the amount of traffic sent to the SkyDemon display. So either nothing outside 20km, or nothing outside 10km. SD possibly may hide this display if nothing is in range but it is not controlled by this setting

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 10:28:53 pm »
Hi Jerry,

Great to hear you are now seeing traffic. Yes, it’s a good idea to take someone else with you ‘til you get used to what you are seeing - it can be very easy to get drawn in to ‘Screen watching’ so remember to keep a good lookout outside the plane. If you can connect up the PAW audio alerts that is a great help. You can also narrow down your alert parameters once you get used to the system.

Have a good (and safe) flight and let us know how it goes.

Best Regards

Peter

Jerry Palmer

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 06:22:17 am »
Hi Lee/Peter

I'll let you know how it goes.  I am able to connect to my headset, so audio alerts should help.

Best regards
Jerry

exfirepro

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 08:20:05 am »
Jerry,

Just be aware that with your filters ‘wide open’ you will get lots of audio alerts if you get into a  high traffic level environment - most of which will be out of visual range - so be prepared to disconnect audio if it gets too distracting or confusing.

Once you are happy that the system is working properly, you can (land and) reset your filters. For ‘Normal Flying’ (as opposed to testing), I run with the Bearingless target filter on Medium Range (though lots use Short) and set vertical filters at +/- 2000ft, both in PAW and SkyDemon, because I like to know what is about. Others run with the vertical filter down to +/- 500ft, but I like a bit more warning than that. As I suggested earlier, tighten the filters a bit at a time until you find settings that you are comfortable with.

Best Regards

Peter

Jerry Palmer

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 06:35:11 am »
Hi Peter

All went well yesterday, I just have to adjust the audio output, as it was too weak during cruising flight.  I will also adjust the other filters incrementally, to suit.

Many thank again for your support.

Best regards
Jerry

exfirepro

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 09:23:13 am »
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear your system is now performing properly. Keep us posted on how you find it - we are always glad to receive feedback.

Best Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 03:11:53 pm by exfirepro »