Author Topic: Non Starter !  (Read 3498 times)

watchboss1

Non Starter !
« on: February 25, 2019, 04:24:41 pm »
Hi,
I bought a Rosetta Pilot Aware at Popham last May. For many reasons it has been sat in a cupboard at home since the other day.
I have a C42B with was factory built. I connected the Rosetta via the factory fitted USB socket but nothing happened. A friend who is an Electronics Engineer looked at the Rosetta and suggested that it is not working !
I am obviously not happy with this situation and want it sorted out as soon as possible. Can anyone on here from PilotAware please advise how I can move ahead with this problem.

Thank you.

Mig29fuk

• G-MYUP. White Ox Mead Airstrip. Near Bath
    • View Profile
Re: Non Starter !
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 07:07:06 pm »
Firstly. Your comments appear quite fractious but giving you the benefit of the doubt start by looking at:
https://pilotaware.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/180520-Operating-Instructions-.pdf
Gerry
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

Giver

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 08:25:51 pm »
The obvious thing to check first is the Fitted usb putting out over 2.1 amps ?  If it isn’t then the Rosetta won’t boot up, the majority of problems are lack of power or incorrect power leads giving too much voltage drop,
Simple stuff to check out first,

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 12:00:27 pm »
Hi watchboss,

If that doesn’t sort it, I would suggest contacting the PilotAware Support Helpdesk via support@pilotaware.com

All PilotAware units are run on a test bench before dispatch, so it was working before it went in the box. This suggests the problem is likely to be external (i.e. power supply related), but we are only too happy to help you get to the root of the problem and get your Rosetta fully working if you give us a chance.

Best Regards

Peter

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 12:42:16 am »
Did this get resolved?

watchboss1

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 03:14:12 pm »
Yes, all sorted. I sent my PAW back to the workshop, and they ran tests on it to identify the problem. The unit was fixed and returned to me after a thorough test.
It's now 'up and running' perfectly in my C42.
The commuications and service from the guys at PilotAware was first class.
I'm very pleased with my purchase. Indeed all of us at my home strip have PAW and find it a very useful piece of kit.

Tally ho !