Author Topic: All ticking along nicely  (Read 1915 times)

Seanhump

All ticking along nicely
« on: July 09, 2018, 12:01:17 pm »
Morning all

Just following on …

Things are all ticking along nicely with the Classic … I'll start using is for Nav as well as traffic on the next flights as it seems to be rock solid since the Pi swap and upgrade to the latest software. Currently still using an ipad mini for the Radar Display (with audio alerts via a bluetoothed set of earbuds) and SD with a Bad Elf for Nav..

Performance is the same with the Power Companion OR the Anker Powerdrive 5 (this is becoming the preferred power option for me, at least in the Longranger as PAW boots when I bring the radio master online, and the tablets automatically reconnect to it once booted .. The Bluetooth transmitter seems to power up too when left plugged in and power applied!!)

I've just picked up a Pi3B too - software download to the Micro SD card and running so I'll swap that into the 'enclosed' test unit with a classic bridge and see how the performance improves / changes before changing the 'live' unit

Screen shot attached from the trip back from Rochester yesterday showing things working nicely between Stapleford, Stanstead and Luton

Cheers
Pilotaware user ...