Author Topic: Rosetta boot time and wi-fi dropout  (Read 3278 times)

DerekJ

Rosetta boot time and wi-fi dropout
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:25:01 am »
The boot time of my Rosetta running the May update 20180520 seems to take about 150 seconds to boot rather than the 90 seconds I was expecting. Occasionally also it seems to reboot unexpectedly. Is this a known issue?

The problem with this is that you lose SD also because it uses the Rosetta GPS not the internal one. Then you have to do 'Go Flying' again after 2 1/2 minutes. Inconvenient on take-off! Any reason why SD can't continue using its own GPS and only take the other aircraft location from Rosetta?

Admin

Re: Rosetta boot time and wi-fi dropout
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 11:24:57 am »
Hi Derek

the problem you are describing sounds like a classic power related issue.

Can I ask you to read this and let us know if this fits any of your issues
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1285.0.html

If not can you tell me what your power setup is ?
one final request could you boot up your system and let us have a screenshot of the PilotAware homepage after running for 10mins or so. there is an indicator field on this page of potential power issues.

Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 12:59:26 am »
I've also noticed that the boot time has increased quite a lot now. Any way of optimising anything Lee? I notice that with Stratux, the Wifi and web page come up really quickly, then it takes a while before the SDRs become initialised.

jollyrog

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 11:25:31 am »
My boot time has also increased significantly and I was planning to post about this.

AllanBirt

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 01:04:49 pm »
Hi Lee

Would a reformat of SD card and a fresh install of the latest software resolve this ??

Allan

Admin

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:24:07 pm »
I've also noticed that the boot time has increased quite a lot now. Any way of optimising anything Lee? I notice that with Stratux, the Wifi and web page come up really quickly, then it takes a while before the SDRs become initialised.
Yes this can be improved, but has not been high on the priority list.
Thx
Lee