Author Topic: Downloaded latest PA software but can't get it working  (Read 3267 times)

Alan Roberts

Downloaded latest PA software but can't get it working
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »
In 2016 I had PA working well on my Raspberry Pi.  I let the licence lapse last year but have just renewed and I am having trouble getting restarted. I got a new licence key but that didn't work on the PA version I had so I upgraded the software and since I had previously had April 2016 version that involved formatting my microSD and loading the new PA software. That apparently worked and PA then booted up as far as the login and password lines.  However I don't know what login or password to use.  I couldn't remember what I had used 2 years ago.  Is there a new initial login and password with the newly downloaded software? I also was unsure whether the loading was correct as 4 of the files extracted from the zip file appeared to be recovery. ... files.  I tried a suggestion from the Raspberry Pi forum which suggested adding something to the command file but that just screwed something up and didn't let the boot up even start.  Advice please!?

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Downloaded latest PA software but can't get it working
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 07:43:28 pm »
You don't need to log in. It should just appear as a Wifi hotspot. Is it not doing this?

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 10:24:22 pm »
Hi Alan, I assume you have a monitor connected to you Pi? You shouldn't need this or a keyboard.

Since you have edited files in response to th Pi forum, I would reformat the SD card, and copy new files to it. Put it in the Pi and boot it up. Keep an eye on you tablet or phone for a PilotAware hotspot.
Connect to the hotspot and open 192.168.1.1 in a browser, where you should be able to enter your new key.

Alan Roberts

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 12:01:51 pm »
Thanks for the advice - I built the raspberry pi bridge myself in 2016 and then had to set up the raspberry pi so thought I would have to do that again - wrongly!   PA now running fine in FlightDemon on my i-pad.   Alan R

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 12:31:01 pm »
Thanks for the advice - I built the raspberry pi bridge myself in 2016 and then had to set up the raspberry pi so thought I would have to do that again - wrongly!   PA now running fine in FlightDemon on my i-pad.   Alan R

Alan,

Good to hear you have got your PAW running again. I take it you mean you built the PilotAware yourself using one of our PilotAware 'Bridge' RF Boards as opposed to the earlier innefective DIY board?

Regards

Peter