Author Topic: software update  (Read 2265 times)

erol

software update
« on: April 02, 2018, 07:41:12 pm »
Hi all,

I have just updated my license key, all is working well and the unit is showing the new renewal date. I have just tried to update to the latest 2018 software but keep getting the message /root/servers/check.sh: error cannot access update details.

I have updated the software before in the same manner without any problems. I'm using the same (GPS) usb port and the memory stick is fine. My present installed version is 20170721.

Any ideas out there.

exfirepro

Re: software update
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:54:17 pm »
Hi erol,

You say you are trying to update using a USB stick (in the GPS USB port) and you have done this before. Are you using the same memory stick? If so, did you remember to delete the old update from both your memory stick and your PC or laptop’s ‘Downloads’ folder before you downloaded the new one or copied the new one onto the stick? If not, your PC will have automatically renamed the new file (for example to PilotAware(1).pgp) and the PilotAware update software, looking for a file specifically named ‘PilotAware.pgp’ won’t be able to find it. Note:- depending on your ‘Windows’ settings, the ‘.pgp’ file extension may not be visible. If it isn’t visible DON’T add it!

Hope this helps.

Regards

Peter

erol

Re: software update
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 10:18:53 pm »
You are spot on. The file had been named with update (4) .png. After renaming the file it installed without any issue, I will look out for this next time.

Thank you so much.

Regards
Erol.