Author Topic: Updating software for several aircraft from same USB stick  (Read 2938 times)

Moffrestorer

Updating software for several aircraft from same USB stick
« on: February 16, 2018, 06:47:38 pm »
Hi folks,

I updated my aircraft (Aircraft A) to latest software a week ago. Updated a friend’s PAW today
(Aircraft B) using same memory stick, as it was to hand. His Home page shows new software version OK, but with Licence Expired. Also his Configuration Page shows details from Aircraft A. Unfortunately we didn’t take a screen shot of his config Page first so cannot re-enter his details easily. Is it not advisable/permissible to use same memory stick to update multiple PAWs?

Thx,

Chris

AlanG

Re: Updating software for several aircraft from same USB stick
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 07:43:42 pm »
Hi Chris

Did you use the same tablet or laptop to access the web page on your friend's upgrade as you did for your own?  If so, you can find that the browser may use a cashed version of the configuration page and if you hit "save" it then saves the details of the previous updated unit to that one.
This happened to me one time when I updated two of my units right after one another.  In my case all the details were the same except the licence key and i couldn't understand why it told me my licence was expired.  Took me a while to spot the error.
Regards
Alan

Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:40:21 pm »
Alan is right
Cached pages very annoying

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 10:01:03 pm »
Yup, I've blasted the wrong settings into a different PAW a few times.

Lee is it possible to put in a no-cache command in the HTML?

Moffrestorer

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:36:11 pm »
Thanks for the info guys. I did use my iPhone to check the aircraft B update, so yes it appears to be a cached version of my config page that I saw, though I did try to refresh it but I guess it reloaded the same page. Fortunately I didn’t press “Save”  so perhaps my friend’s config was not altered though I still don’t know why his licence was apparently expired but his PAW Host i.d was correct.