Author Topic: PilotAware and PC  (Read 4841 times)

Richard

PilotAware and PC
« on: October 03, 2015, 07:32:57 pm »
OK here is a challenge, With a GPS connected to the PA I can connect direct to my PC, This works fine and will be good for testing at home.
      The problem I have I can not see traffic above 5000ft Ok we can alter this in our mobile devices but I can not find the option within the SkyDemon PC software. Does anyone know how to alter this setting?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:40:55 pm by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS

Richard

Re: PilotAware and PC
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »
OK.... All Sorted..... Easy when you know how.
      Simply set the "Show other traffic" to 40000ft on your mobile device. Now save settings to Cloud with in your account. Now Load settings from cloud with your PC. and Hay Presto.... you can now see traffic above the default 5000ft.
    This will be great for testing on my PC.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:08:07 pm by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:06:42 am »
OK.... All Sorted..... Easy when you know how.
      Simply set the "Show other traffic" to 40000ft on your mobile device. Now save settings to Cloud with in your account. Now Load settings from cloud with your PC. and Hay Presto.... you can now see traffic above the default 5000ft.
    This will be great for testing on my PC.

Hi Richard,
Thats great, I never managed to work out how to do this.
How are you connecting from your PC -> PilotAware ?
Are you connecting wirelessley or wired ?

Thx
Lee

Richard

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:39:22 am »
Lee,
   Just connected Wireless, Simply connect the same as you do with Ipad by selecting the PilotAware under wireless connections instead of your wireless router for internet. It also makes putting in the licence key easy too. You also need to have the GPS fitted to the PA box and to get a Satellite fix too. Then connect within SD and select FLARM first setting the connection port to 6000.

Just another point on connecting to our PC. This would make it fantastic for ground station (In Airfield Tower) as all they need is a PC then just plug the PA into a USB slot for its power supply and you have ground Radar too.

Could you just add an off switch to the outside if the PA box to turn off the ADF for a ground station?

I just love the way PilotAware is starting to Evolve, Keep up the good work, Big thank you from me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:56:39 am by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS